Some interesting videos i saw today on YT about usa

Too much tolerance begets intolerance
Seriously? They are tolerant...still struggling with apertheid after how many years...no or maybe 1-2 women president....they are just like equality on social media...only cover photos no substance....dont even get me started on how they treat immigrants

just what the duck happened to usa?

Nothing you can do, nothing you can do....

Really? No, there is something that can be done

Full version

^I remember this video getting lots of likes when it came out and people nodding to immigrant initiative. Nothing a good old fashioned beating can't fix. That's how you handle this problem back in the old country.

Here's another, two armed guys. No fear from this father son duo

It's hilarious how a few moments later the robber is the more scared party and so desperate to get out of the shop :D
I would argue that while you are right in the near to medium term (which is during a steady socio-political state of sorts), but it does not apply to phase transitions. My thoughts are still not settled on the matter, but it appears to me that democracies (and all other socio-political systems) go through such phase transitions when social phenomena exceed a tipping point. Such forces can cause civilizational decline (or ascent). In that context, too much tolerance tends to bring intolerance through the long-term civilizational cycle when the collective view gradually turns decidedly against tolerance (I think of it as some sort of social emergence).
What phase transitions do you see? That's a pretty big change. Not something that happens organically. Maybe imposed by external forces.

Hence the expression 9-11 changed things forever.

If you're referring to the present unrest in the west over the Gaza war. These are paid protests. Not a single one of these jokers will volunteer to rebuild Gaza.

The govt has to crackdown which is happening in three campuses. Whether that is just optics or meaningful needs to be seen.

For Jews something has changed maybe. There was an article in the Atlantic a few months back asking if their golden days in the US were drawing to a close.

The present situation is not good. What's bad for the Jews isn't really good for anyone else. And what starts with the Jews rarely ends with them. More people need to get that.
My current view is that liberal democracies of the west are overextending meaningless forms of freedom to their populations to the point where resulting chaos can disrupt them and cause structural transitions.
This is being exploited by forces against liberal democracies. Use their own freedoms to subvert them into something illiberal because that lot just thinks freedom to the masses was never a good idea.

On the other hand, they are not allowing the freedoms that matter (like the freedom to express views against the powers that be or against popular opinions. It should be allowed, even if it causes mental trauma to others or groups of others, as long as it does not directly infringe on other's rights).
Who is 'they' here?
just what the duck happened to usa? looking more and more like some poor country now.

The city is short on money. That's the problem. Not enough law enforcement, garbage piling up.

Why is it short of money is the question? How did it get this way.

When I was there the place was crawling with cops. Lots of cops means city finances are in good shape. Crime is low and there's always one around even when you don't want one. I never witnessed a mugging in all my time there. Let alone being mugged.

Twenty years ago I felt the west could do no wrong. These days that perception has taken a real beating. Standards slipping. Leadership not worth talking about. Like as if things are slipping. I guess these changes are cyclical. Boom and bust. Happened throughout time, everywhere.

Over ten years back I was thinking we got an octagenarian for a PM. Look at how young their President. That this president would be the worst ever since WW2 in terms of foreign policy I will leave aside. But now they have an octagenarian as a President and likely will for another term.

But we do not :)
edit: the columbia thing seems even worse

Why? Because administration called the cops. How else were they supposed to clear these squatters.

Pretty clear that a permissive environment was fostered by the teachers that went over and beyond. And of course the people responsible won't own up because they're arrogant and are in fact doubling down with this walkout.

Now they are using the 'external hand' argument. Not us but outsiders are doing this :eek:
What exactly is the point of this thread?
The west is currently in a state of flux. Whether it is temporary and if not what comes next

I think it's a downcycle. The US has shown a remarkable ability throughout history as a self correcting society to bounce back.

Last edited:
What exactly is the point of this thread?
The point is that i find them interesting? Do you think you are the new extra super mod on TE and everyone here should ask the great Mr.J every time they want to start a thread here on any topic and ask for your permission?:rolleyes:

For Jews something has changed maybe. There was an article in the Atlantic a few months back asking if their golden days in the US were drawing to a close.

The present situation is not good. What's bad for the Jews isn't really good for anyone else. And what starts with the Jews rarely ends with them. More people need to get that.
There never was & never will be a "perfect race/perfect human". Have you even considered the possibility of Jews getting corrupted over time being drunk on their power? It is just like how Chinese who themselves suffered the western world atrocities now flexing their muscles to intimidate their smaller Asian neighbours after becoming the 2nd most powerful nation on earth. This is just how the world works, A weak oppressed race/nation gets powerful over time & then start doing the same to others. Hamas is no saint but neither is Netanyahu/ultra right Jewish wing.

The point is that i find them interesting? Do you think you are the new extra super mod on TE and everyone here should ask the great Mr.J every time they want to start a thread here on any topic and ask for your permission?:rolleyes:

kitty-yes.gif

Have you even considered the possibility of Jews getting corrupted over time being drunk on their power?
That's not it. Rather it's how the society they live in has changed around them. How did that happen in a mere twenty years and is it real or perceived. The media makes it look like it but is there anything more to it. By going after a successful community what message is being sent to the wider world. Anti success, anti civilisation and pro chaos. This is what I mean by what's bad for Jews isn't good for anyone else.

There's numerous things going on here that have to be understood. All contributing to a perfect storm. I can only cover a few in this post.

After 9/11, nobody came out to the street screaming 'We are Al Qaeda'. Rather the Muslims went into hiding for a decade and played everything down.

But a mere day after Oct 7, there were already Islamists gathering to protest Israel in numerous western countries and this is before Israel even did anything in Gaza. In terms of effects to a society Oct 7 dwarfs 9/11. It would be like the US losing 30k people in a day. Double that for India. Add to that a hostage situation.

All this a mere twenty years after 9/11? How did these islamists become so confident

Twenty years that the US & collective west spent fighting terrorism globally we get these virulent demonstrations in NYC and elsewhere in favour of terrorism (!) . That too supported by faculty in the case of Columbia. The hippies that lost the first fight against capitalism in their youth during the 80s want a second chance as faculty?

A partial explanation is the west is for sale. Always has been and they will say whatever people who pay them tell them to say. So billions of Qatari & Saudi money into educational institutions, NGO's and lobbying groups in the west to improve Islam's image after 9/11 seems to have paid off. Israel can't compete with that. These days even Iranian money.

People don't come out to protest unless someone is taking care of them. Add to this the poorer economic situation in NYC and you have willing ranks of people ready to create whatever image you want. Same going on in London too. All about image these days isn't it.

Election year for both UK & US. This kind of unrest benefits the left as its a weekly show of strength in the streets. Perfect storm brewing.

We don't see this unrest in France or Germany because both countries banned protests early on after synagogues were attacked. We don't see these protests in India either because fortunately the government has taken the same stand.

Why do you think the government increased scrutiny of foreign funding to NGO's back in 2015? This is the reason. Given enough money an artificial situation can be created in your country that suits foreign interests at your expense. This is the american playbook of fostering colour revolutions abroad being applied to the collective west for a specific cause. Nothing comes for free. What the west is doing is enabling local islamists to take over things in their country and this will inevitably lead to an identity backlash from the natives

Last edited:
That's not it. Rather it's how the society they live in has changed around them. How did that happen in a mere twenty years and is it real or perceived. The media makes it look like it but is there anything more to it. By going after a successful community what message is being sent to the wider world. Anti success, anti civilisation and pro chaos. This is what I mean by what's bad for Jews isn't good for anyone else.
You completely ignored the ultra right Jewish wing, even Israelis themselves oppose them on an average. They got influential only because of coalition govt & Netanyahu's greed for power just like how it was in India in 90s when even a party with dozen MPs could influence national policies. Israeli policies against Palestine changed greatly in last 2 decades coinciding with Netanyahu's rise & result is before all to see. Also, if you remember the resolution for calling immediate ceasefire in UN last year Dec was backed by 153 countries incl India & opposed by only 10 countries (Austria, Czech Republic, Guatemala, Israel, Liberia, Micronesia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, United States.). If that isn't a major political failure of Netanyahu then I don't know what else is unless you are saying billions of dollars or even hundreds of billions of dollars are enough to buy opinion of 153 countries of the world incl India. Netanyahu/ultraright Jewish wing is taking Israel down a road of no return if they continue with their clearly failed policies.

The point is that i find them interesting?
A niece told me recently that NYC had changed since I was there last. The collection of videos you posted is all that. I don't recognise the place anymore, I'm struggling to understand what the hell is happening there and it's not only me saying that but the natives. The most upsetting is the outright racism going around as if it's totally normal. It's not. I never faced any in all the time I lived there. How is that possible in a society obsessed with 'micro aggression' (real joke term) & inclusivity? For another post

Hindol is making the right points. Today its about Palestine. What about tomorrow if it becomes India Pakistan? Today they cannot protect Jewish students so what then about Indian students?

There has to be a red line but who is going to draw it.

The first sign that something was wrong was during the BLM protests back in 2020. Supposed to be lock down but everbody was out on the street creating chaos.

We use the word loot in a different sense. You see some great deal and end up paying much less. Nah, that not what loot means.

Imagine this big sporting goods store. High price sneakers everything. Two hundred people break in and cart away everything within an hour. Famous NYPD is nowhere to be seen. Because the same is happening in other parts of the city. With cellphones these guys coordinated their raids to hit multiple shops at the same time. Organised crime.

I remember seeing this video driving across midtown in a straight line. Block after block for must be over 2 kms. Lots of luxury stores. All boarded up with ten feet tall wooden walls. We see this in downtrodden areas usually. Not midtown. Five years prior they would be fighting to get retail space in this area.

Yeah, unthinkable from the time I lived there. Crime and poverty are up. Where is pride of being a new yorker these days. When I was there you could say YOU LIVED IN THE WORLD'S GREATEST CITY AND THE WHOLE WORLD REVOLVED AROUND YOU.

Say that today and some will take pity and others will think you are delusional.

Have you seen such kind of looting in India? What would you think is the state of society if it happened.

Last edited:
Have you seen such kind of looting in India? What would you think is the state of society if it happened.
Here a different kind of looting happens, much more massive but mostly hidden from public eyes. It is called corruption & compared to it such store lootings are not even child's play.

The next part is to do with societal transformation in the US. Woke crap. Critical race theory, intersectionality. We got a good indication of this during the BLM movement. Probably the biggest toolkit operation ever carried out in the US itself.

When I was there it was about equal opportunity. These days its DEI. Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity.

If inclusivity is such a big deal why aren't Jews included. None of the antisemitism seen on American campuses should exist. In fact it's quite obvious they're excluded. To get that you have to understand white is bad and brown is good. This is the two bit idiocy that has come out of the ivy's and passes as received wisdom these days.

Whites are oppresor/colonisers hence bad and the present generation must atone for all their forefathers sins of the last few centuries.

Browns are the victims or the oppressed. Deprived. Yeah, even in the land of opportunity it seems.

The reason the Jews aren't included is they've been upgraded to white. This is an incredible development because for over a millenia Jews have been discriminated against especially in Europe. Allowed to live only in certain areas, allowed only in certain jobs. All manner of blood libels.

The term blood libel comes, from the false belief in the middle ages that to make the special bread the Jews have for passover that blood of Christian children was needed. No joke. Look it up.

There could have been no holocaust if jews were seen as white. So clearly the Jewish experience does not match this description. Jews were never colonialist oppressors instead mostly victims throughout their history. There is zero recognition of this.

The hypocrisy of critical race theory is if you slam blacks you're in trouble but if you do that to Jews then it's OK. They deserved it. They're oppressors. This is why the Harvard president had to go. She defended the BLM movement but came up short when it was about antisemitism. In this case it depended 'on the context' .

In the present, this is nothing but class warfare. Haves vs have not. Want to help yourself to something from that store? Go right ahead. Communism 2.0. What is even more amazing is where it's coming out from.

The US that spent the best part of half a century defeating Communism 1.0. The former communist countries have all moved on and want no part of this new thinking.

When I lived in the US I noticed Indians weren't considered as 'minorities'. That term was mainly for blacks, Hispanics and native Americans.

Indians are a very successful community in the US. They could be seen as white too. And all which that entails.....If the Jews are getting it today you can bet Indians will be next in line.

He mentions Hindus only but not all Indians in the US are Hindus nor will they be exempt or differentiated.

The US has changed from a place where meritocracy was valued and this created the cutting edge of modern life into some bogus mediocre 'everybody is included' quagmire.

Where will future talent go next? Somewhere else.

Last edited:
Here a different kind of looting happens, much more massive but mostly hidden from public eyes. It is called corruption & compared to it such store lootings are not even child's play.
Since WW2 the odds of a US president getting a second term is higher than 50% compared to an Indian PM which is lower than that

You get a second term if you took care of your donors.

Last edited:
Here is the proof of tolerance begets tolerance.

There's an interesting difference in terms of freedom of speech between public & private universities in the US. The public universities cannot allow viewpoint discrimination. This stems from the civil rights act. So blacks could get an education and be safe. Whereas private being private means they can. There are provisions but the state cannot normally interfere. The most virulently antisemitic protests are taking place in private universities which means the administration there is permitting or encouraging it.

Here's a clip from UCLA. State university. The professor or is it teaching assistant asks the man with the Israeli flag to go elsewhere as she thinks it's provocative. He refuses because his viewpoint cannot be discriminated. He's next to the encampment yet nobody threatens him. They can only shout back. They will have to put up with that Israeli flag whether they like it or not. Otherwise he can complain and they will be locked up. That is how freedom of speech is supposed to work in public institutions in the US. Too bad we missed out on it with Article 19(ii) here the state would be obligated to take him away. See the difference?

No way could this happen at Columbia. They'd have chased him away. Because you have no similar recourse to the law like at a state university. So it is the lack of protection that leads to intolerance. Not tolerance which you have very little of to begin with. Without protection it won't exist.

We discover she does not understand what a genocide means other than 'lots of people dying like all of them' :rolleyes: Not even Hamas claims all are dying. How she yells and screams while he is calm and speaks politely.

Must use close captions as these impromptu videos don't have the best audio.

Best response to the chants is that Israeli flag. Held up proudly with no fear.

Last edited:
Best response to the chants is that Israeli flag. Held up proudly with no fear.
Useless effort no different from Khalistanis waving their flag in US/Canada outside Indian embassy. Israel lost world support, that's reality. Once Israel go ahead with military operation in Rafah it will lose even whatever little support it still has.

Useless effort no different from Khalistanis waving their flag in US/Canada outside Indian embassy.
It's not useless in an American context. He said Jewish students should not be afraid which is needed right now.

If all khalistanis did was just that then nobody would complain. But they attempted to pull down our missions flag in London and replace it with theirs. Which failed.
Israel lost world support, that's reality.
When did they ever have it. A few days after Oct 7, it evaporated.

The number of UN resolutions condemning Israel outnumber those for all countries put together. Israelis ask why they should even be in the UN. Ironic given the owe their existence to the UN vote in 1948 that established their country.

Hamas & PLO are not in the UN, never get condemned, are not constrained in any way by UN conventions. Yet are still given a voice at the UN. Why?
Once Israel go ahead with military operation in Rafah it will lose even whatever little support it still has.
The only thing that counts is defeating Hamas and it should be clear this has happened. Otherwise it's a strategic Israeli defeat.

Last edited:
Look at me. Watch me. If you like the way I'm fighting injustice remember to like & subscribe

Sums it up quite well

Looks like it will be Maher doing social commentary on America like the late great George Carlin used to do. Those are some pretty big shoes to fill.

Last edited:
More wonders from UCLA

The Jewish students organised a counter protest yesterday. What is amazing is how physically close both sides are and no violence. Lots of flags, banners and screaming. This is how freedom of speech is supposed to work and upheld at state institutions. State or federal employees take the first amendment very seriously.

Antisemitic speaker prevented from giving a speech. The system is working at UCLA. There are rules and like at UT-Austin they will be enforced. This is full on government grade secular.

A misleading perception is being created in the US media. They show crackdowns at UT-Austin & OSU-Columbus. So there is no freedom of speech?

Protests continue at Columbia. So there is freedom of speech?

Why the double standard Indian media is asking...

Wrong!

It's the opposite. Crackdowns are because rules were violated and the state acted. Typical for a state institution that strives to treat all equally. They don't coddle any one here like high fee paying ivy's.

Whereas the state can't do anything in a private university unless they are invited. Enforcement is the call of the college administrators. So these colleges can have their private circus for the world to see. Because they're ivy's and America's future leaders will come from there they get all the attention. And the shame. Can't imagine former alumni of these colleges being proud of the nonsense going on in their former alma Mata.

Can't commingle state & private or generalise private for the whole country. Not many Americans can afford to go to ivy's.

Last edited:
Back