some new stuff that i ordered :)

guptaji

Adept
Ordered myself some replacement RAM and some DL DVD's from KMD..

Was on the lookout for some decent RAM ever since one of my 1 GB G-Skill sticks died on me..
Was going thru' the RAMs on pudu muttai :D (tamil for newegg :bleh: ) when i came across these beauties..read some reviews on AT and overclock forums and decided to go in for these..

The LED's on the RAM look great..
these RAMs are supposed to be awesome overclockers..they supposedly do DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 at 1.8V (surprisingly the lowest mem voltage on my P5N-E-SLi is 1.92V!!) and easily hitting DDR2 1100+ speeds at 2.1-2.2V ..running them at 4-4-4-12 1T at stock for now..would do some extensive testing and post a review once i find some time..

Damage: 5460/=

Ordered the DL DVD's cos they are not available locally and the price was pretty fantastic..
Damage: 2200/=

Congrats on the fine memory, they're supposedly the same Ballistix PC2-6400 with different heatspreaders (they clock the same too). Some people say they're 10th Anniversary sticks, but it doesn't appear to be true.

u r right Rio..

theres a lot of speculation on these sticks..

but the bottom line is that they are great VFM sticks with ample OC potential..

guptaji said:
u r right Rio..
theres a lot of speculation on these sticks..
but the bottom line is that they are great VFM sticks with ample OC potential..
Agreed, they're still great and look even sweeter than the Ballistix...

guptaji said:
well..that 'cos i happen to be baniya from chennai :) :p

well cong for u new ram nice one :)

are u sure it cost 5490 k :S

from where u bought it i need i love it :p

why did u buy blank dvd :S

u can buy some dvd at bazzar :p

Yeh... where exactly you got those RAM sticks man. Gotta hunt in Mumbai for those. I had to open this thread to look at them again... they are just too tempting for their looks and timings :D

@ igo
look at the pics carefully and you'll see where they are from ;)

@arunhalo
dude..these are Dual Layer VERBATIM DVD's!! now i'm not going to break my head with a 17 year old trying to explain him how they are better than those available in the "BazaaR" :hap5:
i've already tried breaking my head tryin to explain sumthing to u..not again :bleh:

Rio...they are not the same as Ballistix PC2-6400 but the Tracer PC2-6400 according 2 the reviews.

I got them 4m the same place & through the same source ;) as guptaji & m running them at 976MHz (4-4-4-12-1T) @ 2.2V orthos & memtest stable.

Did even manage 1000MHz (4-4-4-6-2T) @ 2.3V (OCZ XTC RAM cooler)while benching...got 1M SuperPi in 12.786 with my E6750 @ 4 gigs (TRUE with 2 x 120mm Glacialtech in Pull Push) on ABIT 1P35-E !!!

They are indeed the best @ $99.99 & a reviewer @ newegg mentioned he had paired his 2x1GB Lanfest with his 2x1GB Tracer PC2-8500 and was running all 4 @ 1200MHz (5-5-5-15-2T) @ 2.2V !!!

has33 said:
I got them 4m the same place & through the same source ;) as guptaji & m running them at 976MHz (4-4-4-12-1T) @ 2.2V orthos & memtest stable.

Did even manage 1000MHz (4-4-4-6-2T) @ 2.3V (OCZ XTC RAM cooler)while benching...got 1M SuperPi in 12.786 with my E6750 @ 4 gigs (TRUE with 2 x 120mm Glacialtech in Pull Push) on ABIT 1P35-E !!!

those are some pretty awesome numbers :)
great going..

btw..which mobo..?
and how good is that XTC cooler dude..

Hmmm... I saw the newegg logo, but never knew that they ship to India.

At 5.5k, that's a bloody amazing deal. Time to get that credit card out.. muhahahaha. :D

guptaji said:
those are some pretty awesome numbers :)

great going..

btw..which mobo..?

and how good is that XTC cooler dude..

On ABIT IP35-E !!!

RAM cooler is a must if U are gonna run any RAM abv 2.1V...specially if U ve a stick in all the slots. And OCZ XTC is the best ATM...in cooling & looks.

It has the same colour LEDs as the RAM :hap2:

Back