some new stuff

stormblast

Skilled
got my hands on something that is on everyone's wishlist atm. its red, its fast, its got a single slot cooler & has great performance.

no its not the ati 3850, its the msi 8800gt oc.

its got a decent bundle. has all the needed cables & 2 games. lotr online & dirt.

card in action.

1st run with 3dmark06 with card @ default factory oc speeds of 660 / 1650 / 950.

i got the card yesterday. but the card was faulty, had issues etc & after 5-10min it died. sent it for replacement today morning & got this today evening.

damage = Rs.15,000/- all inclusive.
also changed my mobo from xfx 650i ultra to asus p5n-e sli

damage = exchange
also removed 1 of the seagate 320gb from the system & added a 2nd wd500aaks hdd last week. no pics for it.

damage = Rs.5400/- all inclusive.

Good buy. Run it for a few days and see if you need any better cooling :p As for me, ATI's new cards initial pricings don't seem attractive at all to me from what I've read. So it'll mostly be a non-OCed 8800GT for me whenever I build the new rig.

cyberjunkie said:
Good buy. Run it for a few days and see if you need any better cooling :p As for me, ATI's new cards initial pricings don't seem attractive at all to me from what I've read. So it'll mostly be a non-OCed 8800GT for me whenever I build the new rig.

ran 3dmark 06 again with rivatuner in the background. load temp of 66deg with fanspeed @ 70%.

magnet said:
well stormy... who is the service provider for the card??

bought the card from mnemonic systems. distributor is tirupati. when the 1st card was not working i sent it back to mnemonic the next day & he got it replaced & i got it late in the evening.

hehe.. i got the same 1 too.. got it on the same day as stormy did.. still have to test it out though :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :hap2:

Back