WTB Some PC components

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
I've finally decided to finish assembling my old PC.

What do I need: entry level to mid level components.
RAM-8GB DDR3. Timings do not matter. I don't mind buying Value RAM models as long as they are not old. I love Kingston HyperX models. I can consider but do not want those thick Corsair Vengeance modules. The newer the RAM the better. Warranty is a must. I would prefer to buy from the guys who bought off of the recently held Amazon and other flash deals.
HDD-WD 1TB Blue. With warranty. Must not have a single error in a deep HD scan.
SSD- TBA
GPU- TBA
PSU- Seasonic S12II 430W, 520W. Must have warranty. Don't want ANY el-cheapo models like Corsair VS, CX, CS whatever etc.
Cabinet- Any from a reputed company, with good build. Warranty not needed.
How much will I pay: depends
When will I buy: Nov-Dec. I've got lots of examinations on the way.

Hello mate, may I know the reason for ignoring the corsair vengeance series?. Is it because it's not worth it or it has any issues?

Hello mate, may I know the reason for ignoring the corsair vengeance series?. Is it because it's not worth it or it has any issues?
Heatspreader too big, which can be a problem for many cpu coolers. Also looks ugly. Performance is not really a concern right now so i also listed Value RAMs. Btw I was referring to the cheaper Vengeance DDR3 RAMs, not newer ones.

Even I meant the cheaper ones which run at 1600. And I already have 2x4gb which enabled dual channel. Now I can see that memory prices are decreasing day by day. So is it wise to get another 4gb and make it 12gb? If I do so will it disable dual channel mode?

Even I meant the cheaper ones which run at 1600. And I already have 2x4gb which enabled dual channel. Now I can see that memory prices are decreasing day by day. So is it wise to get another 4gb and make it 12gb? If I do so will it disable dual channel mode?
Prices is falling but not so much. Its fluctuating, sometimes it increases (probably because of the falling INR value) while at other times it decreases a lot especially during quick sales. But once DDR4 hits off in the mainstream people might abandon DDR3 completely (which btw will not be because of the actual performance but marketing and promotions. Why would you buy something which you dont need?) then we'll see the biggest pricefall on the DDR3.
Getting another 4GB memory is upto your needs but more is usually better in this case.
Yes it will disable the dual-channel mode but do you know the performance difference between single/mix and dual-channel? Its negligible. From tests i noticed only a few fps difference during gaming. If you plan to buy a new system altogether then by all means go for a dual-channel modules. But if you want to add more memory to an existing set-up then that is also okay without the dual-mode.

Ok thank you mate. Will see until the prices drop to 1.2k and then decide. Actually ddr3 was priced in that range a couple of years back.

New Delhi/Imphal-795001. Presently in the latter. Do you have anything which you want to get rid of?

Actually I was thinking of upgrading my cabinet.. Currently using a cooler master elite 431.. But I'm located in bangalore so shipping will kill the deal..
Anyways other than that, I'm also thinking of upgrading my RAM.. I have a corsair 4gb value ram stick.. Let me know if you are interested..

Actually I was thinking of upgrading my cabinet.. Currently using a cooler master elite 431.. But I'm located in bangalore so shipping will kill the deal..
Anyways other than that, I'm also thinking of upgrading my RAM.. I have a corsair 4gb value ram stick.. Let me know if you are interested..
How much would shipping the cabinet cost? You can use cheaper courier company. I'll leave for the market to shop for some parts in a few minutes. But problem is i will find only cheap ones. Get a rough shipping cost and reply back asap.

How much would shipping the cabinet cost? You can use cheaper courier company. I'll leave for the market to shop for some parts in a few minutes. But problem is i will find only cheap ones. Get a rough shipping cost and reply back asap.

Unable to visit the DTDC shop today.. But as per online calculator at DTDC website, the shipping cost is coming almost 1.5k.. New one in snapdeal is about 4.8k.. So even if I quote a 2k price for the cabinet, in total it is coming around 3.5k for you.. Also we cannot be sure how these courier guys will handle the parcel.. I have once seen them loading the parcels into a truck.. they literally don't give a damn.. they just shove all packages into the back of the truck..
Do you think it is worth it?

Have a corsair vengeance 8*2 gb
Corsair 300 R
Corsair 750AX psu
Xfx hd 6950 xxx edition 2 gb[DOUBLEPOST=1449820678][/DOUBLEPOST]And Intel 520 120 gb ssd
Wd 640 gb black edition

I'm selling my HAF X, Kingston Hyper X 4GB*2, MSI 6970
Interested?
In delhi
Lol if your rate quotation is not going to be any different from what you have quoted in the past then No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back