PC Peripherals some PSU doubts.

iamnew

Adept
Hello.i am planning to buy a psu.i have been quotted 3200 for iball sprinter 600w and 4200 for coolermaster real power pro 460.it will be used to power a 5770 graphics card.which of this will you guys suggest? corsair is not available at my place.

will these psu work with my numeric ups.I saw a few threads about active pfc and ups.will it be a problem?

Just dump iBall.......Coolermaster is fine. You can look at Gigabyte 460w @ 2.2k and FSP Saga II 500w for around 2.9k

As you are willing to spend around 4.2k go for Corsair. Order it online or via TE if it's not available locally.

iamnew said:
corsair is not available at my place.

And where exactly is your place? Location option on your profile exists for a reason so that people can suggest shops at the same time. You are getting corsair vx450 for 3.7k in prime and AFAIK 3.8k at delta, chennai. You're a lot better going to a neighbuoring city who sells or even getting via an online store. IMO, 4.2k is a ripoff price for a real power pro 460.

The Sorcerer said:
And where exactly is your place? Location option on your profile exists for a reason so that people can suggest shops at the same time. You are getting corsair vx450 for 3.7k in prime and AFAIK 3.8k at delta, chennai. You're a lot better going to a neighbuoring city who sells or even getting via an online store. IMO, 4.2k is a ripoff price for a real power pro 460.

ok.updated my profile:).online shopping is not an option for me and i dont mind spending a few hundred extra to buy from some shop directly.
And regarding the psu,will it work on my numeric ups?Read somewhere that corsair,coolermaster etc have european type wall socket.will it be a problem?

krishnandu said:
Just dump iBall.......Coolermaster is fine. You can look at Gigabyte 460w @ 2.2k and FSP Saga II 500w for around 2.9k

As you are willing to spend around 4.2k go for Corsair. Order it online or via TE if it's not available locally.

exactly...dont use iball....its not ana reliable product at all..
either one of the Gigabyte,CM or FSP will just be fine..
my personal preference would go for FSP though...:clap:

krishnandu said:

exactly..don't use iball..its not a realiable product..
either of the brands above is fine...
my personal preference will go for FSP though..:clap:

iamnew said:
ok.updated my profile:).online shopping is not an option for me and i dont mind spending a few hundred extra to buy from some shop directly.
And regarding the psu,will it work on my numeric ups?Read somewhere that corsair,coolermaster etc have european type wall socket.will it be a problem?

If you want to avoid online shopping, you can always prepare a DD in favour of the Regd. Sellers on the forum & post it to them.
That way you get the desired product & also save a lot of money

Back