Audio Some recommendations please on 2.1 setup for music, movies, minor gaming

PrK

Disciple
Some recommendations please on 2.1 setup for music, movies; *Updated budget 10k*

Hi... i'm finally upgrading from my old jbl platinum speakers i got as stock with compaq :eek:hyeah:

currently i have my heart set on edifier c2+ (judging by reviews only for now, yet to have actual demo), my budget being around ~4000, could stretch to ~5k though.

i listen to a lot of music from classic/modern rock to some pop as well as the music from bollywood flicks, watch a lot of movies (varied genres) and the occasional game (dirt 2 and crysis ;)).

i've listened to plenty of logitech's speakers n find them all too boomy for my taste...trying to find some model which would provide a more balanced overall which i know is a stretch at this price point however still hoping to find something which comes close enough without breaking the bank.
i was going to get an MX5021 a while back but it didn't work out and i was stuck with my present abysmal setup for some more time and now see that it isn't available anymore.

recommendations please :)

thanks.

PS: have listened to the c3 and loved it but having gone through reviews of the c3 none gave any definitive comparison between c2+ n c3..does someone here hav an experience with them both?

i have an edifier E3100 and m very happy with it. so far. :D
so yeah edifier won;t let you down. It's been 4 years i've been using it. I play action games, racing, strategy, action games, racing, and watch movies. :D

abhi_jollyguy the c3 is available for 6500 bucks at infibeam.. any idea about its street price nowadays? and any experience with the c2+ cause its gonna save me around 2000 bucks want to know if its really worth it since on paper c2+ looks better than c3..i presume its just gonna be on paper..

anaghdesai 4 yrs is great for it to be functioning like new, initially i was having a few doubts about edifier's dependability...

^^ I pitch in with Corsair's latest PC peripherals foray, the Corsair SP 2200 -- here are the related reviews, Corsair SP2200 2.1 Speaker System Review - Overclockers Club / Corsair SP2200 Review | bit-tech.net.

It is a good sounding 2.1 setup, initial retails ~ 5500/-, if you can stuff in its elder sibling the Corsair SP 2500, then its another plane truly -- Corsair SP2500 review -- Engadget / MaximumTech | Corsair SP2500 Gaming Audio Speakers Review / Introduction - Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System Review | [H]ard|OCP.

Hope this helps Sire.

ALPHA17 thanks for the links... judging by the reviews they seem more gaming oriented, however i will get a test run at them if i can when i'm out to get the set. the 2500 is clearly beyond budget for me though.

PrK said:
abhi_jollyguy the c3 is available for 6500 bucks at infibeam.. any idea about its street price nowadays? and any experience with the c2+ cause its gonna save me around 2000 bucks want to know if its really worth it since on paper c2+ looks better than c3..i presume its just gonna be on paper..

I don't know it's street price but yes infibeam price is gud but do not expect much bass from it. From music point of view, it's bass is quite gud and sufficient.

It's really sad excellent multimedia speakers still not available in India. Reason is enthusiasm in music and enthusiasm for buying gud speakers are still less in India.

Mostly are gamers and gamers don't need gud speakers.

I'm not at all a basshead, look at my present speakers :D lol... but still i prefer warm sounding speakers as my present set do have at least that quality. even a c2 would be a big step up in the bass department for me though but i'm trying to get something which would be worth the long wait.

and yeah it is real sad that such sets dedicated to music are so hard to find here.. with the el cheapo intexes and logitechs being hotsellers over here and elsewhere. :(

abhi_jollyguy thanks for another quick reply but you just extended it by 2 k more :p lol

i forgot one thing, my sound card's a realtek hd audio.... will that do justice to a c3 (or whatever model above it)?

PrK said:
abhi_jollyguy thanks for another quick reply but you just extended it by 2 k more :p lol

i forgot one thing, my sound card's a realtek hd audio.... will that do justice to a c3 (or whatever model above it)?

Ahan See the link and give me Rs. 540:p

PrK said:
:D haha thanks for that link...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and should i upgrade my sound card as well? how's this http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

or will this fit the bill ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Multimedia- ASUS Xonar DS ~@3800 bucks... limited to pci only since no free pci express available.

It is not the question to ask that should I upgrade my sound card as well

Source is very necessary to take out the juice from any speaker.

ASUS Xonar DX is a very gud sound card. Get it.

^ thanks ya i was thinkin bout the klipsch myself, i'm not into the bass so no logitech ;)

going on the hunt next weekend...so will listen m out n decide.

thanks a lot for all your inputs guys :)

For better quality sound then the normal set of pc speakers that would do justice to music as well as games I would suggest the Audioengine A2 or A5. These are not 2.1 but are highly rated for music. The A2 costs around 9k and the A5 around 17-18k and they are available in India at places like baajao.com etc Look up the reviews online. These are pretty highly rated for what they offer.

Wait for sometime and get the xonar dx from pristine note else if you want it urgently you can source it from deltapage chennai (not sure they have it in stock when i had bought they were tlelling limited stock for the same).

Ordering the s530 :clap: a review within a month's time when i've had plenty of experience with them :hap2:

Thanks all for your help :)

Back