Some weekend shopping

Sei

Skilled
Me and three of my friends were planning to upgrade since a long time and finally chose the weekend for some shopping...

Now, firstly since we were in Pune, finding good dealers and good prices here is next to impossible. All new immigrants will agree with me.

So, to get some help, we first pm'ed the Pune guys here, namely apollyon, ashishkushwaha, techie_007 and I'm highly grateful for their help to get these prices..:cool2: :clap:

Thus, armed with all the phone nos and addresses, we set off after a heavy lunch:p in the hunt for these components-

Product & Quantity
C2D E4500 - One
C2D E8200 - One
Abit IP35-E Motherboard - Two
Transcend - Three X 2GB 800 Mhz DDR2
WD 250+320 GB - One
XFX 8600GT - One
Lite-on Sata DVD/RW writer - Two
Coolermaster Elite 330 Cabinet - One

5 hours and 5 quotations later, we finally reached Mahi Computers; the sole supplier of Coolermaster cabinets in Pune(that's what he says, but we must admit that none of the other people had the cabby with them) to pick up the cabby.

Just out of curiosity,we asked for a quotation. Initially, he gave us the offhand rates, but as soon as he saw that we had done our research and knew what we were talking about, he gave us pretty good rates.

According to him, if you got him any quotation less than his, he'll give a lower one.. which he did :eek:hyeah:

Here are the prices (and quotations) we got -

C2D E4500 - One Rs 4700
C2D E8200 - One Rs 7950
Abit IP35-E Motherboard - Two @ Rs 5800 X 2
Transcend - Three X 2GB 800 Mhz DDR2 Rs 1850 X 3
WD 250 SATA 2 - Rs 2650
WD 320 GB SATA 2- Rs 3575
XFX 8600GT - One Rs 5200
Samsung Sata DVD/RW writer - Two Rs 1200 X 2
Coolermaster Elite 330 Cabinet - One Rs 2200
POV Black Diamond 500W - Two Rs 2600 X 2
Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 1000 - One Rs 700

Earlier he was giving the 250 gig for 2850 and E4500 for 5150, but since a shop next to his, Computer Plazo was giving for 2650 n 4750 respectively, he reduced the rates. Rest of the rates were better than all the other shops. I was getting the Seagate 320 gb for 3450!!! But chose to go with WD for Rs 125 more...

Apart from this, ordered 2 HIS ATI HD 3850 256MB for 9k each shipped around 3 weeks back from KMD..:eek:hyeah:

PS: OT This incident made my day...

On J.M Road, we were getting quotations from all the computer shops that were visible so as to get an idea of the general prices...
Now, we reached one shop "COMPUTER SHOPPEE" with nicely done up interiors, split ACs, the works.. There was a "healthy" middle aged guy in a suit, all smartly dressed up sitting behind a desk.

So, here's how the conversation went-

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - What do you want?

We - We want quotations for the following parts.

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - *blank tired look, no response*

We - Here's the stuff... E4500

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - 5000

We - 1 gb RAM...

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - 1100

We(a little hopeful now n a little brave ) - ABIT IP35-E

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - *Confused, irritated and blank look all together*

We( press more) - It's a newer company.. p35 series...

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - "More irritated and the big head starts nodding signalling no..."

We(plain stupid) - Can you order if we want?

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - No, only the 945 works with c2d.. nothing else works..

We - Ohhh... ok.. we didn't know that :p ... carrying on..

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer(before we say something) - Keyboard/Mouse

We - No.. not required.. just upgrading..

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - *stern, disappointed look.. ya even I don't know how he managed this one* So, you don't want it?

We (firmly)- No

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - What else?

We(Suicide) - XFX 8600gt

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - No XFX...

We - Galaxy? Gigabyte?

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer -*A big hand signals us to wait... Gets on the phone and keeps muttering something... finally puts down the receiver*

We - Yes..

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - 6500

We(Ready to leave) - Company?

Handsome "Healthy" Dealer - Simmtronics

We(Already in the car).......:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

siddharth said:
ddr3.. was getting the 512mb version with ddr2 for around 5700...

thats the 256mb ddr3 version?? man the gpu fan is totally diff :huh: ..is that some epecial ed ? i mean is its still 540/700 or diff

nice buy where is the another cabient for another rig also add 1 more ram extra

and lcd :p

nice buy is this games s for frag multplayer like cs or dota or some another games :D

_pappu_ said:
nice buy...the xfx one does have a better looking cooler than the stock one :p

Now that you mention it, my friend is going to sell off his 8600gt to a common friend and pick up the 9600gt from Phoenix... :p

Mahi computers is just opposite Burger King at East Street. Some of the stuff picked up was for my rig actually, which you can see in my siggy. Had to replace my mobo/proccy/ram to make the damn 3850 work lol.

Back