Camera Sony QX1

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All.

So recently Sony outed its new QX lineup. I find the QX1 Interesting.

ILCEQX1_wXperiaZ2_1-1200.jpeg

20.1MP APSC Sensor and a flash to boot.

400USD though.

Source: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7211713202/a-guided-tour-of-the-sony-qx1-and-qx30?slide=6

Thanks.

This is one of those concepts that sounds good on paper but is lousy in practice. Particularly with the previous lineup (qx10-100), getting the thing to sync up means at least a minute preparation before you can take the shot.

Look at how bulky that thing is, this is for hardcore camera phone people and its really pushing it. if you're going to go through this much hassle you might as well as use a dedicated camera. Will be much faster and offer more options.

I decided to compromise on image 'quality' and prioritise availability and for this the k zoom works just great.

Even I saw one video, where it lagged to communicate to the phone.

But also, arent these supposed to work WITHOUT the phone? Like no viewfinder setup.

Yes, communicates via wifi direct by sending a compressed image over.

Most annoying things with the previous lineup was slow setup, sudden disconnects requring a reconnect. Oh the image quality was great ie QX100 , provided the stars lined up and allowed you to get the shot.

The software absolutely failed to take full advantage of the hardware. And this can be seen even with the RX100 that offers remote control say via a tab or phone.

The fastest and surest way to use the previous model was to switch it on, guess where your subject was and click. Rather pointless.

I personally had the QX 10 and the software really let it down. Also no flash was a bummer. I did use it a couple of times with my Galaxy Nexus which had a pathetic camera, but that was it. Never faced disconnects but the whole sync with the device was where it stuttered. After every click it would copy over the image over Wi-fi and that was a big let down as it hampered it's use a regular camera.

Back