Sony Service Center Experiences

raksrules

Elite
This thread is for sharing your good or bad experiences about the Sony Service Center where you might have had to visit them to fix your Sony phones.

PS: The service center may not be official and can be an authorized service center. Don't give experiences of local mobile shops.
If possible please also list down the name and address of the service center as it will help people in same city and also will come down in google results.

Does anyone have any experiences to share for Sony regarding other electronics - headphones to be precise? I had purchased a pair from Amazon (Saholic/Spice was the seller). I got a proper invoice but no warranty card. Will Sony deny me warranty? Saholic/Spice is not an authorized reseller according to Sony India's site.

In case of laptops, Sony does need the warranty card. But I have once given my mobile for service & they only asked for the bill.

Broke my Xperia Zr - Smashed the screen but display was working incoming calls were well incoming. Got a brand new phone with battery in under 15 days complete with box and accessories. Happy with Sony after sales service. Although knowing the right people in Sony will help.

I guess it depends to a large extent which service center you visit. One of my friends also has an Xperia ZR where the earphone slot is not
functioning properly. The service center at Lamington Road tells him there is no way to replace only the earphone socket since its a waterproof
phone and hence asking him to pay 15k for a new phone! He's written to Sony, however hasn't heard back from them at all.

I have had a terrible experience with the service center near Portuguese Church (Dadar): https://www.techenclave.com/communi...ilt-the-phone-instead-of-repairing-it.134508/

Accel was good though when they used to handle SE Service about 6-7 years back. Had a couple of issues with my K750i and they replaced the
phone with a brand new one.

Back