Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
none
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Upgraded
2-year-old Sony WF-1000XM3. Purchased on 16th Dec 2020.
Have been used carefully. The case has a skin applied.
The original box, ear-tips and charging cable are included. All the ear tips that came with the package are there.
Had replaced the original batteries with Varta CP-1254 batteries a couple of months back.
When used with the best audio quality settings, give a low battery warning at about 45 minutes and will last 1.5 hours before turning off.
Will definitely last longer with other settings.

Attachments

• 20230124_232156.jpg
    20230124_232156.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 20230124_232230.jpg
    20230124_232230.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 200
  • invoice.png
    invoice.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 210
Hey, OT but could you please share from where did you get the replacement cells? I need a pair.

Thank you and GLWS.
A seller on ebay from Singapore. But he is not shipping to India anymore. Can message him and ask:

A seller on ebay from Singapore. But he is not shipping to India anymore. Can message him and ask:
Thank you so much.

I was under the impression that batteries were a difficult item to import in India.

Will try eBay for this.

How long does the battery last in normal Spotify music usage? Just earbuds battery & how many times can case charge them if both are charged at 100?

How long does the battery last in normal Spotify music usage? Just earbuds battery & how many times can case charge them if both are charged at 100?
With DSEE and ambient noise control on.. they last about 1.5 hours. I haven't tested with other settings. Case should give two full charges to headphones before dying down. But to be conservative.. consider it as one full charge.
So did some testing and here are the findings:

1. With DSEE on + Emphasis on Sound quality(and not on stable connection) + noise canceling on + Ambient Sound mode on : headphones lasted for 1 hour 40 minutes. This seems respectable considering they never lasted more than 2:30 minutes with these settings when they were brand new. Sony's website mentions that with these settings, one can get max 3 hours of playtime, refer: https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/support/articles/00229317. Also, take into consideration that CP-1254 A3 batteries are 60 mah while the original batteries were 75 mah. I have tested these with my Ipad Pro M1 streaming Spotify at Very high quality setting.

With DSEE off + noise canceling off + Ambient Sound mode off, I'm sure one can easily get more than 2.5 hours out of these.

So total playback time with fully charged earbuds and Case, with multiple chargings with the case is:
a) more than 4 hours with DSEE on + noise canceling on + Ambient Sound mode on.
b) more than 6 hours with DSEE off + noise canceling off + Ambient Sound mode off

2. Charging Case gave 2 full charges to headphones. And even after that, it had 30% battery remaining. So, maybe more than 45 minutes of playback time can further be juiced out of the case with a third partial charge. Will conclude that the case gives 2.5 full charges at the moment.

for 4.5k shipped, putting this much effort into testing was not worth it but did it anyway because it is a recurrent question.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-05 111527.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-05 111527.png
    53 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
So did some testing and here are the findings:

1. With DSEE on + Emphasis on Sound quality(and not on stable connection) + noise canceling on + Ambient Sound mode on : headphones lasted for 1 hour 40 minutes. This seems respectable considering they never lasted more than 2:30 minutes with these settings when they were brand new. Sony's website mentions that with these settings, one can get max 3 hours of playtime, refer: https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/support/articles/00229317. Also, take into consideration that CP-1254 A3 batteries are 60 mah while the original batteries were 75 mah. I have tested these with my Ipad Pro M1 streaming Spotify at Very high quality setting.

With DSEE off + noise canceling off + Ambient Sound mode off, I'm sure one can easily get more than 2.5 hours out of these.

So total playback time with fully charged earbuds and Case, with multiple chargings with the case is:
a) more than 4 hours with DSEE on + noise canceling on + Ambient Sound mode on.
b) more than 6 hours with DSEE off + noise canceling off + Ambient Sound mode off

2. Charging Case gave 2 full charges to headphones. And even after that, it had 30% battery remaining. So, maybe more than 45 minutes of playback time can further be juiced out of the case with a third partial charge. Will conclude that the case gives 2.5 full charges at the moment.

for 4.5k shipped, putting this much effort into testing was not worth it but did it anyway because it is a recurrent question.

Bump with updated statistics.

Back