Sony-WH-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Accessories Needed

te12345

Disciple
Hello

I have got the following headphone with me Sony-WH-1000XM3 -

I am totally satisfied with this while using it with my mobile. But now I want to use it with my "Windows Desktop PC" as well. Can someone please suggest me which particular Bluetooth Dongle etc. should I buy, so that I can use these headphones with my PC ?

Will this particular dongle work well for this requirement -

Also, the wire supplied with this headphone is really short in size. I am thinking about buying a lengthier wire as well "around 10 feet long", which will work with this headphone.

These are the specifications of the headphone -

Maybe something like this cable might fulfill my requirement if its length is around 10 feet atleast and if it is avilable in India -

And I am not even sure, if I use the headphone with the longer wire, then will I be able to use the headphone mic function or not!

Can someone please guide in buying the Dongle and the Extension Wire?

Thank you so much.
Best Regards

Thanks @Rockfella
Currently it is showing the rate of Rs 419, 40 % under Lightening Deals!
If no other better option found, then will buy this one.
Tagging @red dragon as he might be able to guide you
Thanks @msankadi for your help.
Buy the cheapest possible USB BT transmitter. DON'T spend much on those headphones.
Thank you for your suggestion @red dragon but I am not sure, if buying just the cheapest dongle will be the best for getting reasonably good performance. I already spent so much on these headphones, now just looking for good compatible devices to start using it with desktop as well.
Check the second review for this BT adapter:

PS: Damn the price!!
Thank you @nimod

That review from Nicol specifically mentions about my headphone model, so it will work with them for sure -
If you've got a PC and you want Bluetooth APTX sound with your SONY XM3's, this dongle is just what the doctor ordered.
But man, look at the price! Rs 7000 is just too much for this dongle!
And guys please make some suggestion for the HEADHPONE EXTENSION WIRE as well. I need to buy them both.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

OP if you can install this on your motherboard then nothing like it. There is a ton of difference between overall performance of cheap dongles and having something like this. I went from the dongle to this and am very happy.
PS: Check for compatibility. Share motherboard model here.
Ignore if you have a laptop.

https://www.amazon.in/Wireless-AC-2030Mbps-802-11ac-MU-MIMO-Bragging/dp/B07DMDZ888 : I have this but got it from Ali Exp for 2k IIRC.

Yes you can buy any generic Bluetooth adaptor or a better quality Wifi bluetooth PCIe card as suggested by Rockfella but I insist look for at least Bluetooth version 5.0.
Signal quality and connection strength is better when using internal PCIe card.
there are fairly new devices but are costly, If you can afford can look for something like this -

https://www.amazon.in/Asus-PCE-AX58...&keywords=pci+bluetooth&qid=1608435256&sr=8-8
this is even better then TP-LINK Archer T5E what Rockfella suggested but at almost double price.

Windows 10 supports Aptx only and any bluetooth adaptor or PCie card can also be used for connecting other bluetooth devices like bluetooth keyboard mouse etc.
but if you are looking for a better quality wireless audio you can try device like Fiio M5
This is a stand alone music player which can also be used as bluetooth transmitter and it supports LDAC transmission which is also supported by Sony 1000xm3, but this device is limited to transmit audio only cannot be used to connect other bluetooth devices.

you can look for any other third party 10 feet 3.5 mm aux cable at Amazon

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-...+creation+10+aux+cable&qid=1608434753&sr=8-16

https://www.amazon.in/Qiuyeyuan-3-5...&keywords=3m+aux+cable&qid=1608434523&sr=8-37

You can also buy a 3.5mm female to male headphone extension cable something like this -

https://www.amazon.in/CableCreation...FhUl4VwMzbE4fw/w==&smid=A1922K1MC7KYJD&sr=8-3

mic should also work, original cable doesn't have inline mic or controls so probably utilizing mics inbuilt in headphone itself.
never used wired connection or mic on my xm3 so I am not sure.

Thank you so much for your replies @Rockfella and @Nitendra Singh

I am very sorry for my late reply. My motherboard model is a few years old, so I am checking the details, if latest bluetooth dongle etc. will work properly or not.

Here are the details of my motherboard -

Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL​

I really appreciate the guidance provided by all of you. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Your motherboard has pcie slots, so no issues adding a new Pcie card.
But as I can see it's a very old motherboard it isn't worth spending on internal PCIE card if you're planning for a new motherboard in near future.
most of the new motherboard comes with built in WIFI and bluetooth.
For this old mobo any generic or branded usb bluetooth dongle is a good choice, it will cost only 300-500.
Just look for Bluetooth version 5.0 if possible or else lower version will also serve you purpose without issues.

please do invest in a good bt transmitter, those headphone can work only as well as their source, they are a fantastic pair of headphones (for casual listening) and to fully appreciate them you def need quality gear, as for the aux cable, i used my xm3 with amazon basics aux cable and i could find no difference whatsoever between the amazon one and the much more expensive high end one. just make sure to turn on your headphones when you are using it through aux,the sound quality improves dramatically

please do invest in a good bt transmitter, those headphone can work only as well as their source, they are a fantastic pair of headphones (for casual listening) and to fully appreciate them you def need quality gear, as for the aux cable, i used my xm3 with amazon basics aux cable and i could find no difference whatsoever between the amazon one and the much more expensive high end one. just make sure to turn on your headphones when you are using it through aux,the sound quality improves dramatically
Thanks for the tips @spriyadarshi
Are you referring to such AmazonBasics Aux Cable -

If this will work with XM3 headphones, then this looks like a good choice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-27-21-21-44-554_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-27-21-21-44-554_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 94
Back