Sony Xperia Pro or Xperia Arc or Xperia X10 ?

Shikhar8888

Disciple
Hi guys,

I have absolutely no idea about Android phones. However, my dad would like to gift my elder brother an Android phone on his birthday next month.

My dad is confused between Sony Xperia Pro , Xperia Arc or Xperia X10 so he handed over the job to me to get the best phone between the three.

I am Android noob too and thus i would like Android gurus and mobile enthusiast to help me choose between the three. Seeing their features and for future what would be better can you guys please advise me on which phone to buy.

There are only few requirements from my dad.

1.It should have good camera, should be able to take good video (but i think all the above satisfy this..maybe choose the best one? )

2. There should be office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Adobe PDF etc . Is there any Android app for office applications?

Hi guys,

Thankyou for the reply. Budget is same as the budget of above mentioned 3 phones.

Also, can you please suggest why not to buy either of them and to buy other phone. I would need you guys to tell me differences too as i'll have to tell my dad about it.

Sony Ericsson Arc simply because the phone is a class apart in terms of design, style and build quality. Sure the S2 slaughters the Arc in practically everything else but will your elder brother really understand to point of that?

RD274 said:
Sony Ericsson Arc simply because the phone is a class apart in terms of design, style and build quality. Sure the S2 slaughters the Arc in practically everything else but will your elder brother really understand to point of that?

+1 , if your brothers usage doesn't involve gaming,heavy applications and modding, you can consider the Arc too. IINM it has continuous auto-focus in its video recording that SGS-II does not.

1)SE has great design,build.. But they use Cheap buttons...

My x10 mini fell about 10 times and had not even a single scratch.. But all buttons lost color in just 1 year...

2)If Stability of OS is much important than Synthetic Benchies, then go for Arc Hands-down..

SE guys do a great job in Software terms and their CAM quality and music quality is topnotch..

Just go for Arc if Secondary Cam is no issue.. Else, go for the Pro

Is it a surprise gift? If it is so, it better not be.
Spending in around 30K without asking your brothers opinions is something to think of.
Can you put down your brother's requirements too? Like, whether he craves for looks or performance or light weight or mind blowing display or any other preference?
If sexy design and a premium experience is the only concern, then Arc is the best buy here. For rest of the things, SGS II beats Arc hands down.

BTW, camera in Galaxy S II has a slight upper hand over Arc.
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com
(Check out the detailing in black & white ship image, yellow bud of rose flower and the people in the beach)

And the video recording is also better as it is 1080p
Video Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

Well guys. My brother won't be playing games or run heavy applications. Good design,camera is important.As i mentioned earlier he would mostly use it to run Word,Excel,PDF etc. But you never know honestly after getting Android he might like to do things.

Also, if you guys were to choose between SE Arc and Pro what will you choose and why ?

Hey there, last year i had the google G1. Wanted a new Android, but something much smaller than the G1 (it was HUGE)

So, due to budget constraints I went with the Xperia X10 mini Pro, I like phones with slide out qwerty keyboards and it really does everything I need it to. It has a 5MP camera, all the usual apps, and its so small, but easy to text with due to they keyboard.

If you are not after a small phone then this probably isnt for you as it really is small, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Otherwise if it were me, I'd go with the Arc, it really is such a nice looking phone. One of my friends has one and it really does present itself well.

I would never go for a SE phone. If you can afford the Arc, why not choose the better and far more superior Samsung Galaxy SII. Looks may be better in the Arc other than that it fails in everything in front of the might SGS2.

Back