OC & Modding SOS: Suggest Expert Liquid Cooling Technician/Enthusiast in Mumbai for On-Site Repair

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi Guyz,

Re: NEED AN Expert Liquid Cooling Technician/Enthusiast in Mumbai for On-Site Repair - DESPERATELY NEEDED

SYSTEM:

Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Edition (2017-18 Build)
EKWB - Dual Loop GPU & CPU Blocks with 240 & 360 mm Radiators

NEVER FLUSHED - But All Basic Cleaning done Now

HELP: How to Power ON System/Water Loop with ONLY PSU

I made a trial attempt to connect on google and got only PC Clinic so far - they were responsive. But I am not sure if the have the right person.
ALL I AM STATING IS THAT - I NEED A GUARANTEED PERSON WHO HAS EXPERIENCE OF LIQUID COOLING PC SYSTEMS - Flushing & Testing.

I HAVE ALL THE REQUISITE TOOLS - So I Just Need a Guaranteed Person/ on Site.

I am open to a Team of Experienced Enthusiasts to Visit, Come over & Dissect Solutions (you may DM Me) and as early as Tomorrow or Monday August 8th 2022.

Trust me YOU DO NOT GET TO SEE INSANE BUILDS OF THIS SORT.

Earlier Post
Liquid Cleaning Cleanup

Terry
(Andheri East - Mumbai)

Attachments

• IMG-20220806-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20220806-WA0006.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG-20220806-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220806-WA0007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG-20220806-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20220806-WA0009.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG-20220806-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20220806-WA0015.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20220806-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20220806-WA0016.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 82
AFAIK, there are no professional liquid coolers engineers. It's a personal hobby. Guy who built the system in the first place fixes it.

If any @TechEnclave Modding / Liquid Cooling Enthusiasts from MUMBAI are Willing - Then Rest Assured (DM Me) and your Khana-Peena Needs will be Taken Care of and other compensations too.

THIS IS JUST MY SMALL ATTEMPT TO COME CLOSER TO @TechEnclave Community and with whom I have bonded and gained so much from 2011 onwards
AFAIK, there are no professional liquid coolers engineers. It's a personal hobby. Guy who built the system in the first place fixes it.
True .... the Guy who build it (my nephew) is not in town anymore ..... hai :(

HELP: How to Power ON System/Water Loop with ONLY PSU

It's not that scary to do alone — disconnect all power cables from motherboard/graphics card and maybe storage drives. Short the green and black wire on the ATX 24 pin cable to power on. You have custom sleeve cables so it's matter of counting down to the right pins using an image from google as reference. So long as all power cables are disconnected from the hardware, there's no harm if you short the wrongs pins until you find the right ones.

There's a lot of guides on Youtube that you should be able to do it yourself, custom liquid cooling like yours isn't and shouldn't be intimidating or daunting — it's actually fun and satisfying learning experience.

Cable management is atrocious. I do custom builds for local members every now and then and I charge 1500 for a basic system assembly & testing, a system such as yours (or anything with RGB), it's 3000. But for a complete disassemble, clean and reassemble with liquid cooling, that's an entire day or two of work — 5000 or more.

Intel i5-4690K
Asus Z97 Pro Wi-Fi
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
32GB RAM - G-Skill Ripjaws 2400 MHz

No one's buying DDR3 era hardware these days (finally!) but those four parts would be worth less than 20k at best.

I'm sorry to say, but the liquid cooling parts you have are worth significantly more than the hardware. They're entirely lost on that configuration. It's like having a solid gold hair brush, you can't even wear it to a wedding or anything.

I'd suggest that you strip everything out, put in a 2k air cooler and reattach the gpu cooler if you have it, or remove/replace the GPU since it's not worth investing a cheap AIO and NZXT GPU bracket for.

3. Is Maintenance (Periodic)/ Annual an Essential Part of Such Rigs?

Every six months to a year, yes it's absolutely necessary.

But I guess it's admirable you want to get this system up and running as it is. You should probably concentrate first on the hardware, its about 7 years old and around the time when most things from that era have failed beyond repair. A cheap air cooler is all you need to test the cpu/motherboard/ram without the graphics card plugged in. You can even briefly test the graphics card too with the loop disconnected just to see if the display out works and power off after you see the bios screen.

I agree. Lack of maintenance has cause this to happen in the first place.

If you cannot take care of regular maintenance post rebuild, there is no point in proceeding IMHO.

It's not that scary to do alone — disconnect all power cables from motherboard/graphics card and maybe storage drives. Short the green and black wire on the ATX 24 pin cable to power on. You have custom sleeve cables so it's matter of counting down to the right pins using an image from google as reference. So long as all power cables are disconnected from the hardware, there's no harm if you short the wrongs pins until you find the right ones.

There's a lot of guides on Youtube that you should be able to do it yourself, custom liquid cooling like yours isn't and shouldn't be intimidating or daunting — it's actually fun and satisfying learning experience.

Cable management is atrocious. I do custom builds for local members every now and then and I charge 1500 for a basic system assembly & testing, a system such as yours (or anything with RGB), it's 3000. But for a complete disassemble, clean and reassemble with liquid cooling, that's an entire day or two of work — 5000 or more.

No one's buying DDR3 era hardware these days (finally!) but those four parts would be worth less than 20k at best.

I'm sorry to say, but the liquid cooling parts you have are worth significantly more than the hardware. They're entirely lost on that configuration. It's like having a solid gold hair brush, you can't even wear it to a wedding or anything.

I'd suggest that you strip everything out, put in a 2k air cooler and reattach the gpu cooler if you have it, or remove/replace the GPU since it's not worth investing a cheap AIO and NZXT GPU bracket for.

But I guess it's admirable you want to get this system up and running as it is. You should probably concentrate first on the hardware, its about 7 years old and around the time when most things from that era have failed beyond repair. A cheap air cooler is all you need to test the cpu/motherboard/ram without the graphics card plugged in. You can even briefly test the graphics card too with the loop disconnected just to see if the display out works and power off after you see the bios screen.
Appreciate your detailed reply @rsaeon - In fact this is the most clearest and honest answer/analysis I have received in a long long while.

Back