Sound increase

Since it is so hard to listen, I tried to double the sound of an .mkv file which has Italian and English audio. When I use FFMPEG and the command

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -filter:a "volume=2.0" output.mkv

it doubles the Italian audio track and there is no sign of English audio track.

It would be nice to know how to make sure that the English audio track sound is doubled. I do not care what happens to the Italian audio track. Thanks.

Since it is so hard to listen, I tried to double the sound of an .mkv file which has Italian and English audio. When I use FFMPEG and the command

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -filter:a "volume=2.0" output.mkv

it doubles the Italian audio track and there is no sign of English audio track.

It would be nice to know how to make sure that the English audio track sound is doubled. I do not care what happens to the Italian audio track. Thanks.

Try "-filter:a:1" to select the second audio track in case that's the English one?

Alternative is to see if the handbrake gui tool simplifies getting the right results?

Not sure why. I used

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -filter:a:1 "volume=2.0" output-vol2x.mkv

But the output was again Italian soundtrack only and I think there was no considerable increase in sound either. Thanks.

Not sure why. I used

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -filter:a:1 "volume=2.0" output-vol2x.mkv

But the output was again Italian soundtrack only and I think there was no considerable increase in sound either. Thanks.

Instead of 1 try 0 and 2 separately ?
Also when you are playing the output mkv file are you select the right track in your media player?

I tried 2, without luck. Maybe I should try 0.
Also when you are playing the output mkv file are you select the right track in your media player?

That is where the problem is. There is no optional track to select. In the output.mkv there is only Italian/ITA, no ENG. Thanks.

when I open it in Handbrake, it shows

Screenshot from 2021-12-02 11-54-56.png

Handbrake is asking for close to 2 hours for this task.

Back