Soundbar for tv

I am looking for a soundbar for a tv. Room size is about 130 sq foot. Budget is max 18k but I will prefer to buy something which is near 10k.
Needs
1) No boomy bass. I hate it. I want to listen to the sound how it is meant to be listened.
2) HDMI ARC port. Because Dolby Atmos only works via it ?
3) Vocal clarity and correct amount of bass.
4) Should work well for movies, games and music. I will be paying games on the TV.

Wants
1) Wireless subwoofer connection.
2) Display on the soundbar to know which mode is working.

I really like the sound in theaters. The explosions sounds and feel great but the Bass never feels irritating or overpowered. Is there any soundbar which can do close to that in this budget ? I will be doing some minor acoustic treatment of the room like pasting some acustic foams but nothing like a studio. Will that make a considerable difference in the performance of the soundbar? Please suggest a soundbar which is optimum for the room size.

I'm guessing you don't want speakers and only soundbar?

Consider the Samsung one on sale in market section. Personally I'm using this LG SJ3 and feel it's good for the price i bought, around 7500rs. Consider visiting retail stores like reliance, croma and brand stores and hearing them all yourself before deciding. You might get a better offer there too.

Currently I have shortlisted JBL SB 270 in about 12k budget. It does not have Bluetooth 5 and a display. I am also considering SAMSUNG B 550 but it is pricy and my room is small so not sure about it. Visiting retail stores is not an option for me. I don't live in a city.

I watched his reviews. Both these seems good but my room is only 130 Sq foot so I am not sure if it is worth spending 6k extra on Samsung.

Do not go for any 2.1-channel soundbar. Kindly consider at least a 3.1-channel soundbar, otherwise, you will have difficulty with dialogues, and you will need to upgrade soon. Trust me on this. I have been through many soundbars!

Do not go for any 2.1-channel soundbar. Kindly consider at least a 3.1-channel soundbar, otherwise, you will have difficulty with dialogues, and you will need to upgrade soon. Trust me on this. I have been through many soundbars!
Suggest me something. I am open to studio monitors too. Original bass not boosted and good audio clarity are my expectations.

Depends on the budget. Studio monitors are overrated for movies and games. They are only good for music.

If you are willing to bey a very good bar in one go. Go for Q990B for around 75 or Q930B for around 60k.

Lower than that, Then I would suggest Klipsch Cinema 600, and letting go of Dolby Atmos dreams! lol

Last edited:
My budget is 18k max. Initially I bought a Samsung B550 but found its bass to be a bit heavy in reviews so cancelled it and went for jbl 271. Jbl has a very neutral sound signature so I think I will like it. As far as I know, Dolby Atmos is surround sound and Dolby audio or Dolby digital is high resolution audio. I don't have space or needs for Atomos. I just need a good quality soundbar, something significantly better than Tv's default speakers. Jbl 271 is 220 watt. That should be enough for my 130 sq foot room.

Bought Jbl 271. It is pretty good for movies. My room has slight echo issue, still the dialogues are pretty clear. Watched a few action and racing scenes and I am happy to report that the bass is nearly inaudible but I can feel it just like the theaters. I also found it pathetic for music. The bass is strong and it nearly kills the music I plays on it. Without woofer, the soundbar sounds like garbage. Overall, it may be the best soundbar for a tv in this budget for most. It has that non sense dhoom dhoom bass in music which many love but that audible bass is completely absent from movies so dialogues are crystal clear. The bass feels great in action scenes. Different modes like movie, music etc are there just for show. They don't do anything.

Back