Soundbar/Speakers for Wall mounted 40" TV under 4K

So I'm looking to add a set of speakers/soundbar to my Philips 40" LED, which isn't the best in the audio department. I have a budget of of under 4K.

The unit is wall mounted so I would prefer a soundbar that could be wall mounted too! http://www.fendaaudio.com/soundbar/tv_speakers/t180bt seems to fit the bill. Anyone have any experience with this?

I've always found using two remotes to control your TV a bit frustrating. Can the volume keys be mapped to your DTH remote?

I've always found using two remotes to control your TV a bit frustrating. Can the volume keys be mapped to your DTH remote?

I don't have DTH/Cable at the moment for this TV :shy:. Mainly used for the PS3 or watching Shows/Movies. The only 'reviews' i've read are those on snapdeal, so not very informative. I was thinking of keeping the Soundbar to a set volume most of the time and adjusting the volume from the TV remote if required.

yes, it is, esp. if there are multiple remotes. i don't suppose that you can map keys of any device to a usual DTH remote. a universal remote would be reqd. if you've only 3-4 remotes or less, a cheaper solution would be using Protel Protouch UR-501. i got it in a giveaway, and have been using it since. its good to control upto 4 devices.

Last edited:
I don't have DTH/Cable at the moment for this TV :shy:. Mainly used for the PS3 or watching Shows/Movies. The only 'reviews' i've read are those on snapdeal, so not very informative. I was thinking of keeping the Soundbar to a set volume most of the time and adjusting the volume from the TV remote if required.

I just checked the MRP and saw the selling price. That looks too good to be true. Make sure that you're not getting a display piece or a used piece. Moreover it's Snapdeal so better check twice!

I just checked the MRP and saw the selling price. That looks too good to be true. Make sure that you're not getting a display piece or a used piece. Moreover it's Snapdeal so better check twice!

The price has been hovering between 3-5K for the last few months. The seller is F&D. So yeah, the price seems to be excellent, but I don't trust snapdeal reviews. I think it will definitely be better than any other soundbar for less than 4K. In fact it might be the only soundbar under 4K suitable for TVs and not Laptops/small screens

EDIT: Philips dsp475u Another option within ze budget with a wired sub woofer http://www.snapdeal.com/product/phi...=7_630&utm_medium=102272423&vendorCode=S66f72

Last edited:
Back