Soundmagic PL-50!

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Must be the first guy to get it here :lol:

Anyways ehre goes the pics :p

The Box:

Contents. 4 rubber pads, 3 foam ones. One foam pad comes wiht the earplugs, 2 pairs in plastic cover, dabba for the phones and a warranty card. no cable winder :mad:

Up close:

Also have to mention, it comes with a right angle headphone jack :D no more headaches when using it with phones/PMPs!

First impression, didnt like it at all. Plugged it into my N95, all I could hear was a LOUD hisss. The sound wasnt coming well, sounded far worse then the PL-30.

After 2 days of burn-in (left it at office playing flacs :p ) its sounding much much better :D obviously better than the PL-30 :D

Bought the IEMs for 80SGD. very expensive this one :(

So a summary of pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Right angle connector - very convinient
2. Complete sound isolation ( with the default foam bud ) - Couldnt hear a thing with music turned off when my colleague was shouting at me. Can be a pro or a con.
3. It sounds better :p
Cons :
1. Read that PL-50 with Balanced armature stuff :p needs no burn in. infact it does.
2. Once you put it in your ear its VERY DIFFICULT to take it out. it even hurts :|
3. High Price - I feel it does not warrant that much of a price increase then the Pl-30. I mean, the level of SQ you get from a 35$ PL-30, dont get that much with the 80$ PL-50.
4. If you could hear any hiss from your PMP or source with a PL-30, get ready to hear a much louder hiss!

^^ They are classified as 'budget' IEMs .

Anyways congrats and do burn them in for more days. Some IEMS require a LOT of burning in to sound their best.

^^ They are classified as 'budget' IEMs .

Anyways congrats and do burn them in for more days. Some IEMS require a LOT of burning in to sound their best.

Back