Space-The final Frontier

The Sorcerer

Skilled
I got 1terrabyte western digital mybook for 9.5k from my pretty crafty sources. It bags 3 year warranty and its glossy just like my nzxt nemesis

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

That is a HDD waiting to topple to its death. :(
Actually, so does the cabby. :lol:
Shift the cabby a bit to the left. :p
Place the HDD next to the cabby (lhs) or somewhere suitably safe(say parallel to the wall at the back end of the table). :)

And Congrats. :)

badhiya....hmmm hmmm......hope thts nt gonna b its ultimate position...like bikey said.....baboo zaara sambhalke...:p....
nywayz congrats.....

luster said:
congrats..is it MyHome edition with eSata?

The Essential edition i.e.

Good buy..

U might be getting around 35MB/s which's a good transfer rate for a USB HDD;

1TB on USB, zOMG, atleast use Firewire 800! You should've got an eSATA model dude.

Or if u can rip the HDD off the enclosure, u can connect it via a SATA cable and get the best speeds. :p

And the best part is an internal HDD with a 1GB capacity still costs around 10k; :(

For some reason, I thought Udit might've invested in some more HDDs cos he'd a ~ show-off thread: http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/space-the-final-frontier-105947.html :p

I have 500 Gig version of this .. This HD is really nice for external storage and has good power saving features . As of performance , you can rip the case anytime , get the sata out and replace with some low capacity drive :D

OT: wow you found a really nice edge for that cabinet :p .

The picture is taken from the left hand side, not from the centre. If i taken from the centre, the light from the camera is flashing between drive and the case's "shield" since it pretty good at reflecting light. It not on the edge (aaaaah now I understood what bikey was talking about)

even i have the essential edition 1TB but it comes with FAT File system, so its really annoying when u have to transfer files larger than 4GB.

and btw the power saving features r also somewhat Pain in the A$$ when it turns off every 5 minutes

Mine didnt turn off...yet. I am using it to store informatin about books- cover, author details, publishers, distributors and their respected price. Planning to get someone to build a site where people can place orders for books online.

That drive does have a power saving feature . Put lot of data on it . If you are not using that drive for anything for 10-12 mins then u can feel a one-two second lag when u double click drive letter . You can also hear a little sound from the drive if u keep your ears too close .

Congrats :D

P.S. You Copied my Thread Title :mad: :no:

@gannu, I still have 511GB free & 50 Blank Taiyo Yuden DVD+R with me so won't be buying more Hard Disks till the year 2009 I guess :)

^^ You copied this title from CAPTAIN JAMES KIRK.....OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD....YOU STOLE IT FROM CAPTAIN JAMES KIRK....WHY WHY WHY

heh I didnt know man.....but space is the final frontier. You need more....and you keep on getting them :p

The Sorcerer said:
^^ You copied this title from CAPTAIN JAMES KIRK.....OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD....YOU STOLE IT FROM CAPTAIN JAMES KIRK....WHY WHY WHY
heh I didnt know man.....but space is the final frontier. You need more....and you keep on getting them :p

whose Captain James Kirk?

Back