Monitors speakers and monitor help

greenhorn

Patron
It should be pretty obvious, but i need your guys approval before i go ahead :D

Me getting a PC for a friend . I originally planned to get an SB live 24Bit , and an altec ATP3

but after reading up on the ADI soundmax onboard, i'm of the opinion that its a small sacrifice to junk the SB live in exchange for getting an MX5021:clap:
the dude does not game AT ALL, and its mostly for watching movies and listening to music... I hope there wont be much difference. My dealer quoted 2750 for the ATP3 and and 7230 for the MX 5021.. :eek:hyeah:

Also, he quoted 11.5k for a"LG/Samsung 17 inch TFT LCD monitor" tho he said he could get anything available in india on request...(with a little delay though) I own a 17 inch viewsonic flat CRT, and it rocks!:hap2: and was wondering about getting a viewsonic ...(or are LG/Samsung monitors good enough:) )

Get good speakers... you can always add a soundcard later on. If you can spend 15.5K, then the Viewsonic VA1912W is a better option. The 17" samsung should actually be cheaper than 11K now.

hmm .. got a 15.5 quote from my dealer for the viewsonic.. one doubt tho.. i read elsewhere in this forum that it lacks scaling.. I'm gonna be running it off the DVI out ( DVI better than D SUB right?) from the GeForce 6150 on an A8N VM.. thankfully my friend for whom I'm buying it doesnt game at all... just browsing, music and movies... will the weird resolution of the widescreen display be an issue ?

Chaos said:
Get good speakers... you can always add a soundcard later on. If you can spend 15.5K, then the Viewsonic VA1912W is a better option. The 17" samsung should actually be cheaper than 11K now.

naw that's the problem.... the 740N ain't dropped much AFA price goes.

Get the MX 5021, great choice... soundcard u can get later....
SS 940BW is a great monitor around 16K or so.

well my problem just solved itself !
ma friend says he's quite happy with a 17 inch flat CRT a la mine;)

so now reallocating the cash to an extra 512MB ram, and a bigger HDD

which brings me to the question ... is it worth buying an SB live 24 bit? now

cus neither fps nor surround matters to him, and he just wants to listen to music and the a8n vm has a ADI soundmax onboard, which are IMO better than all those realtek onboards :D

Back