Audio Speakers Suggestions

Hi guys, I wanted to buy a good pair of speakers, and will be using them primarily with my laptop and at time with PC.
5.1 = z906 :D

Here are the few of them narrowed down..

Z906 <- can these make a 2 channel sound come from all 5 speakers ? (music.. from ipod/laptop) ?

JBL creature 3 : 4.7k
Gigaworks t-40, series 2 :9.5 k (would rather go for z906)
Sony SRS-D8 : 4k
Z623 10k
Z2300 11k

Any other cheaper but nice speaker suggestions are also welcome, I've heard that altec has some nice ones, but which one ?

I believe people will prefer a bad 5.1 to a good 2.0 speaker. It is a general believe that sound coming from more places around the listener = better sound experience. If the argument is of the additional subwoofer than all the of above mentioned speakers have a bloated, muddy, auto rickshaw discotheque bass except a few which I haven't heard.

Sadly I beg to differ, my money's on the T40 for all your audio needs from the above mentioned list. Let it be music, gaming, ps3, movies, whatever. They PWN my much more expensive Harmon Kardon's SoundSticks any day of the week. :)

@amrit singh

For Stereo I would prefer creative gigaworks T40 over any other you have mentioned in this thread else you can get the Audio Engine A2 :)

SQ wise I doubt the mm1 would b better. B&w's towers are something to go by, not their desktop speakers n portables.

Jbl makes good looking speakers. SQ wise, it's another story altogether.

Back