CPU/Mobo Speccy shows Virtualization Supported, disabled.. Is it OK?

Hello

I just ran Speccy software and came across the following details when i clicked on the CPU
It shows that virtualization is supported, disabled.

Is this the correct option or can i turn on the virtualization ?
My motherboard is ASUS Crosshair IV formula
Also is there any advantage for me to turn on the virualization, if it at all can be done ?

CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Cores 6
Threads 6
Name AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Code Name Thuban
Package Socket AM3 (938)
Technology 45nm
Specification AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor
Family F
Extended Family 10
Model A
Extended Model A
Stepping 0
Revision PH-E0
Instructions MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, AMD 64, NX, VMX
Virtualization Supported, Disabled
Hyperthreading Not supported
Bus Speed 200.7 MHz
Rated Bus Speed 2006.7 MHz
Stock Core Speed 3200 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 200 MHz
Average Temperature 33 °C

Please let me know in case you need any more details

Thanks for advising

Virtualization feature of the processor is called VT-x. This feature can be enabled or disabled in the BIOS. if you want to enable it you will have to go the bios settings and enable it. It is only needed if you are planning to install virtual box or vmware and create virtual machines. otherwise you can leave it disabled.

OT: The virtualization feature of the motherboard is called VT-d. with this feature you can expose all the pci devices like graphics card etc... to the virtual machines. its usually available only in high end server motherboards and enterprise systems.

It also helps if you are into (mobile) programming and have to run emulators which are also virtual machines. It is essential for Windows Phone 8.x Emulators and while Android Emulator can run without it, the performance can get significantly better on a CPU with Hardware visualization.

Back