Budget 15-20K Speedy tiny phone!

Doremon

Adept
1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-20k (+-2k)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Strictly below 6". Preferably 5.5-5.8" . IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Pie and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: NO VIVO, OPPO kinda of stuff

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Multi tasking, fast processor , speed, no hang, Music quality and battery life

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Flexible

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New.

9. Any other requirements?
A: min 6gb RAM with 64gb (but with expandable) or 128 GB storage (if no expandable)

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: cant figure out as i am targeting phone size below 6"

Nice filtering nRiTech. Getting many options. Thanks.
OnePlus 3, 128gb with blind eye! but where to find it ? I wish to buy straight way.
That phone is like 4 years old now though lmao. There will definitely be second hand ads on olx or perhaps you can ask around in some phone/repair stores. But wow, a few years back i thought 5.5 inch was also getting a bit too big, and now 6.5 inches are the standard in budget phones. Let's return to 5 inches pls :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Since the redmi4 is long gone, the only compact option was the s10e, but at a price of almost 50k. Even that's not easily available these days i think.

Samsung S10e, Google Pixel 4a are definitely two very good options.
Beyond the budget what OP mentioned, OP - why dont you look for refurb phones like Zuk2 or Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 - they will definitely be within the mentioned budget and might be available as refurb. if you were in Mumbai - try with SahiValue (if possible visit them - they do have nice phones and you will have to bargain hard to get the better offer), they also have website (but buying used/refurb phone without seeing it is risky)

Beyond the budget what OP mentioned, OP - why dont you look for refurb phones like Zuk2 or Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 - they will definitely be within the mentioned budget and might be available as refurb. if you were in Mumbai - try with SahiValue (if possible visit them - they do have nice phones and you will have to bargain hard to get the better offer), they also have website (but buying used/refurb phone without seeing it is risky)

I know. :) I was referring to the other comment - you don't have to go all the way up to an iPhone Mini.

The OnePlus 3 is not a small sized phone. Its the same size as a OnePlus 5t. Diagonally measured screen sizes can be misleading. With screens getting taller, the diagonal size increases a lot, but the phone size remains same.

So, considering OP 3 for a small phone is not a good idea.

Yep, my workaround to this has been to check the width and height of the phone.
I am good with anything around 67-71mm width, and 135-145mm height.
The height varies depending on the aspect ratio (18:9, 19:9, 21:9) and obviously the bezels too. The width is mostly the first thing I check though.
In the last five years, that's the Pixel 1/2/3, Samsung S8/S10e, Sony Z5 Compact. This is one of the "big" reasons I never picked up a OnePlus. :D

Have a oneplus 3 lying around as a backup. It is as big as my previous phone poco f1. I have actually compared this by keeping them one on top of the other. Poco had a bigger display on paper but the op3 has bigger bezels. If you are okay with the size of op3, can consider a poco as well. Same footprint. Op3 is much lighter though if that's what your care about

Been using the old iphone se since a couple of years. Very fast responses but use it mostly to make and receive calls and messages...still on the older ios...but really small and handy and light weight. may be you could try the newer iphone se

Samsung S10e, Google Pixel 4a are definitely two very good options.
Both options are just perfect brother...:cool:

The OnePlus 3 is not a small sized phone. Its the same size as a OnePlus 5t. Diagonally measured screen sizes can be misleading. With screens getting taller, the diagonal size increases a lot, but the phone size remains same.

So, considering OP 3 for a small phone is not a good idea.
Yep, my workaround to this has been to check the width and height of the phone.
I am good with anything around 67-71mm width, and 135-145mm height.
The height varies depending on the aspect ratio (18:9, 19:9, 21:9) and obviously the bezels too. The width is mostly the first thing I check though.
In the last five years, that's the Pixel 1/2/3, Samsung S8/S10e, Sony Z5 Compact. This is one of the "big" reasons I never picked up a OnePlus. :D
Above is eye opener for OnePlus 3.:rolleyes:
Been using the old iphone se since a couple of years. Very fast responses but use it mostly to make and receive calls and messages...still on the older ios...but really small and handy and light weight. may be you could try the newer iphone se
another good option- iPhone se.

Findings :
S10e cost 49000+ - out of budget. can stretch max to max 30k. If available, this one my first peak now over to OnePlus 3
Goog Pix 4a - wonderful phone. but not available now on flipcart promotion price : 29999/- . Hope deal returns soon!...
iphone se - a little tiny worries me on ios transition, low battery , 3 gb ram.. is it speedy one ?
OnePlus 3 or 3T - now crossing my fingers as my first requirement is tiny phone easily fits into my palm.... Also, not available nowadays!

EDIT =
Just browsing and find S10 with little more impressive specs but with +8mm height and minor +display size (14.73cm -15.49cm=+0.24cm). Chipset and processor are same. Take away point is 10000 less price on Amazon deal of the day.

Last edited:
Back