Spica Unavailable, Buy I7500 or Wait?

lolcat

Disciple
Hello people,

I Finally decided to buy a Spica, but unfortunately, Its unavailable in all of the market in and around Vikas Marg, East Delhi. Only one dealer is offering it a ridiculous 15.5K and the rest are saying Samsung discontinued it.

Do you guys know anywhere I get it for less than 12K?

I was offered i7500 (Galaxy) at almost every store for 11.5K. Should I go for it instead of the Spica? I'm just worried about getting an outdated OS with a weak CPU, rest the phone is great. Will froyo come to i7500?

Also, there are rumours on the net about samsung i5800, a hybrid between i7500 and spica.

So should I buy the i7500, wait for i5800 or look around more for spica?

@Spica Owners: Inputs on where you bought your spica and for much will be appreciated

Thanks!

adityamunshi said:
I've decided to wait too. i5800 will be designed to run 2.1 from the start and wont have most of the problems that i5700 has running Android 2.1
Where did you hear that

2.1 runs very well on Spica

From the gsmarena.com review of i5700 on eclair. This is what they say.

"The general user experience provided by the Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica running on Android 2.1 is pretty good, but the generally inconsistent performance is a pretty big issue at this stage. Apparently the handset is pretty well prepared hardware-wise (you can see the benchmark results below) but the software needs quite some further optimization.

Some of the apps are fine even at this stage and the interface is pretty snappy but exceptions like the camera and the gallery are too great to overlook. We will speak about that in more detail later in the review, but those tend to lag much more often than we would have liked."

2.1 is faster and more responsive on most phones but not on the Spica. Thats why i said i5800 would be better optimized to run it.

Spectre said:
Where did you hear that

2.1 runs very well on Spica

Bhai metro mein baith aur Noida aa ja... call and check for stock, east delhi mile na mile noida mein mil hi jayega.. anyways its cheaper in UP.. IIRC.. thanks to lesser VAT courtesy Sheila aunty.

^ so getting hold of a Spica is a problem everywhere. I've been searching for one in B'lore and I'm just not able to find it :(

EDIT:

have any retards at Samsung stopped the supply of SPICA?

go to gaffar market in delhi, check out a few shops,u will surely get it there.
lolcat said:
Thanks for all the comments.

Finally Decided to get the spica.

Do you know anywhere in delhi where I can buy it?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm getting a Dec 2009 stock. It will be loaded with android 1.5, guess I'll have to update it myself :)

Does the box include a 2GB micro SD card?

Thanks.

Back