Spice MI-300

Hey,Guyz I just brought this phone.... too good..... cant describe it's worth the money..... and even android 2.1...they are providing the download for it soon in 1 week...... and the preloaded app's are good. Here are the Por's and con's.

Pro's

• The OS
  • The smoothness f the UI
  • The trackball performs awesome.
  • The screen is too good.... very very good response.
  • Typing is very easy in it's native keyboard and even in Swype(Third Party Software)
  • The Android 2.1 Update.
  • Overall the phone is AWESOME!!

Con's

• The Phone look's good but at the same time u feel it's not so solid in hand.
  • After having about 179 apps the UI Was still smooth...but Did lag some time's (Just some time's)
  • The Phone took about 3 Min's to find a GPS signal but after that the GPS was stable and good even while driving.

rishabh.asthana said:
a detailed review with pics would be nice as i am thinking of picking it up this weekend
Yeah for sure... looking upon that.... my camera is Kaput! lens broke yesterday... :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rahulrulez said:
I want to know the Touch sensitivity, I found many touch phones (not android) having poor touch quality.
The Touch Sensitivity is really awesome!! As it is a capactive screen..... and it nearly equals to all the best touch screens out there...

Nyes the android 2.1 is going going to release this oct. Spice as officially said this and even talked with them...... no it will be available as a download..... u can update it by yourself.... the signal strength is brilliant! only the GPS has some prob sometie's just sometime's...... the GPS signal just drops as if the satellite was shot down by something.

Nice.... i can suggest u this phone..... or the HTC wildfire which i didnt like and is not worth the money.... i am looking upon the review but my camera lens is kaput! so cannot take pics of the phone :(

filmguy said:
hows the battery life & camera quality dude?
camera is just very very good :) i will post a pic taken by the camera soon... and the battery life is average 4 hours talktime on 3G... and about 20 mins extra on 2G i guess... i am using BSNL 3G right now :D

akhil also forgot to ask - does it have text reflow & hows the net browsing & ebook reading capabilities. hows the accelerometer performance? also did u compare it against the galaxy 3?

sorry for the many qs. :D

had almost decided on galaxy 3 till i saw the specs on this. d only advantage that galaxy 3 has is document editing app & froyo capability plus the mods that come out for samsung droid fones.

damn, if only galaxy 3 had better resolution it would have made it a no-contest!

techno_guy said:
But isn't galaxy 5 better than sipce mi 300 ??
In my view... NO..... the camera definitely beats the galaxy 3 and 5 and even the look and design.... the galaxy 5 looks awkward with those 4 button's down.

filmguy said:
akhil also forgot to ask - does it have text reflow & hows the net browsing & ebook reading capabilities. hows the accelerometer performance? also did u compare it against the galaxy 3?

sorry for the many qs. :D

had almost decided on galaxy 3 till i saw the specs on this. d only advantage that galaxy 3 has is document editing app & froyo capability plus the mods that come out for samsung droid fones.

damn, if only galaxy 3 had better resolution it would have made it a no-contest!
No probs i am Eager to answer your Q's..... :D Yes it has ebook reader and it work's brilliant.. it has pinch to zoom and all those multi touch option's..... and the accelerometer is very very responsive in game's and app's.... but in the native gallery it's tend's to take just a little time to make the picture in the way we rotated. I had 3 in mind Galaxy 3,Wildfire,and this one.... i choose this.... Galaxy 3 would have been good if they made the buttons touch sensitive like in Mi-300 and even put a trackball... but the resolution in galaxy 3 is just like HELL! i didnt like it in any angle..... the resolution in this is pretty nice. android 21. is till good and i have a official word from Spice that they are going to release it. Yeah spice has doucment reader. But it tends to lack if the document is with many pic's... Here is the official Email from them to ME about the Android 2.1 Update. By the way the Browser Perform's well... as the android 1.6 browser has a browser which has just a few prob's the android 2.1 update should make the browser perfectly alright....

--- On Thu, 9/9/10, Karthik Murthy <karthik.a@spicemobile.in> wrote:

Subject: RE: Android 2.1 Update for MI-300
To: akhil_kumar60@yahoo.com
Cc: "'Contact'" <contactus@spicemobile.in>
Date: Thursday, 9 September, 2010, 11:49 AM

Dear akhil,
Thanks for your feedback, We are almost ready with the Android 2.1, and will upload the software updater tool by September 4th week where in you will be able to update the phone software from android “1.6†to “2.1†by yourself.
Regards
Product Team
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:17 PM
To: contactus@spicemobile.in
Subject: Reg: Android 2.1 Update for MI-300
Sir,
I have the spice MI-300 phone. the phone is very good. And performs very well. On the bok they wrote android 2.1 ready. But the hone come's with android 1.6. Which is the only drawback of this phone. Most of the member's are not buying this phone due to the 1.6 Android OS and they are even not sure that the spice corporation will release or not. I request you to develop and release the android 2. OS as soon as possible for this and make some Major Improvements in the performance.
Thank's
Akhil

thnx for that akhil. now if i go for the spice ahead of the galaxy 3 spice should pay u commission ;)

if u can post any photos u've taken with the phone's camera (with and without flash) that'd be helpful.

filmguy said:
thnx for that akhil. now if i go for the spice ahead of the galaxy 3 spice should pay u commission ;)

if u can post any photos u've taken with the phone's camera (with and without flash) that'd be helpful.

No Need of Commission keep it with you :p

Here are the link's for some reason i cant upload it on this page so i kept the links

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4527/img204028.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/i/img204016.jpg/

http://img801.imageshack.us/i/img204019.jpg/

The third pic was taken in the lowest resolution possible but it still ended quite well....:)

Hey Akhil,
How is the sound quality through earphones and built-in speakers!? and have you tried playing movies on it?
and how is the battery backup on an average with normal videos, some music and talktime + web browsing?
does the phone lag by any sort?

P.S: The Image quality is decent. :)

Ankur said:
Hey Akhil,
How is the sound quality through earphones and built-in speakers!? and have you tried playing movies on it?
and how is the battery backup on an average with normal videos, some music and talktime + web browsing?
does the phone lag by any sort?

P.S: The Image quality is decent. :)
As It is a Spice.... :D the Speaker Quality Is very Nice. The earphone's they provided are decent in-ear's.
But i suggest buy other aftermarket one's or use other in ear headphone's if u are in some bus or some noisy environment.......... i hope u understand why..... :D.... Better is nice it has a 1230mAh Battery which gives like 1 and a half day of battery including wi-fi sometime's some 5-30 minute callsand watched many videos through youtube and downloaded them using some app and even some MP4's and it still gave me like 1and a half day battery if u it it only for calling it would surely give 2 or days :D . Yup i tried MP4 video encoded at some 640x some Resolution they worked brilliant the 2.1 update would have DivX Support. The images look better than they are....just shud do some minor setting's took those while coming home from shop.... so didnt know about the setting etc..... it wa sin 1024x768 all time and image quality in low.

Back