PC Peripherals Spike guard query

I have a spike guard. The middle and right led are slightly glowing, sometimes bright. It means live and ground reversed.

The main power switch is off yet the lights come on.

When I switch on the spike guard, the first and last light come on, while middle one slightly.

What is it supposed to mean, is this harmful, also grounding is fine since no shock

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

i got this Pinnacle spike guard (psg) today and was testing it. When connected to inverter power only it shows all ok.

When mains power came back, this is what i observed.

I had connected spike guard to ups. ups is connected to a) inverter line (through inverter) or b ) mains line (direct connection).

I had connected monitor and computer cable to the psg sockets and all switches on the psg were in off position. psg connected to ups which was off. ups connected to inverter line switch which was on.

I saw - All three lights were glowing a bit. Then i connected the ups plug to mains line and saw the same thing.

Next, i removed the plugged in comp and monitor from psg and surprise - only the ground led was glowing slightly (this is with ups button off). meaning ground is open (which is not true, because i recently had checked and rectified the wiring in my home)

touching the comp or monitor plug to socket gives same situation of all three lights being lit up (with ups still off). Putting the psg plug into mains without ups shows same behavior.

If ups is switched on, the 1st and 3rd led light up brightly whereas the 2nd led glows dimly.

I came to conclusion that this might be because, neutral is common throughout the house. so it might be showing this type of behavior.

Also its internal circuits inside being messed up can be ruled out, because i didn't see this when mains power was not there (during load shedding).

maybe some electrical experts can help here.

Well, as expected....there was something wrong in the wiring of my house even tough it was redone.

Whenever you connect a spike guard and the switch is off, none of the led lights should come on, not even slightly. When switched on it should show only middle one off.

My issue was reverse current. And when checked my building ground was not proper. I changed the grounding and wolla perfect led indication

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bumping an old thread

The issue in my case is sometimes the 1st and the 3rd light is on which is the case of a ALL OK situation as mentioned on the Pinnacle spike guard

But sometimes only the 1st light turns on and in this situation I get a shock whenever I touch the cabinet

I am not understanding where the issue is because sometime it happens, sometimes it doesnt

I do not use any ups or converter or any thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20150922_191814.jpg
    IMG_20150922_191814.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 476
Back