Split AC & False wall/ Drywall...

HailStonE

Skilled
I've decided to get a new Split AC... Most probably SHARP 1.5 Ton Inverter..

Now there is a problem in my room due to which I have only one choice to install the AC. Two of the walls are not accessible since one is common with neighbour & the other one will have a wall to wall wardrobe.. Third side is west facing & is also the front of the house hence I am avoiding it completely.. Also if I install the IDU here the ODU will have to be kept in front & it will receive harsh sun ~8-9 hrs a day.. Also aesthetically not appealing to me..

The last wall is common with another bedroom but is grooved ~3-4 inches upto a height of 9-10 feet from floor with 2 feet above it is the concrete beam. I am planning to install the air-conditioner here & cover the wall with false wall/drywall ~2-3 feet in height from the top of the groove. ... Now I need to know the following..

1. Should I install the drywall first & then the AC or the other way around..
  2. The AC has to be installed 3-4 inches in front of the wall & not directly on it.. How to go about it
  3. Precautions during installation so that there is no condensation behind the drywall which could damage the décor..
  4. Also thinking of installing top down lighting in the drywall.
  5. Any specific Do's & Don'ts..

I want to know if the installation is necessary by SHARP personal or any outside technician can do it without affecting warranty.... The ODU will be installed at the floor above & will be requiring extra piping + Gas.. The piping will be behind the dry wall & then redirected to adjacent wall hiding behind the wardrobe cabinet. There will be 2-4 sharp right angle turns on the piping. Would it affect the performance of the AC.

Any interior design expert who can help me out here..

Back