Sprint owner SoftBank to buy ARM for $32.1 billion

PoBoy

Skilled
http://www.androidauthority.com/sprint-owner-softbank-wants-buy-arm-31-billion-703713/

The acquisition of ARM by SoftBank has been officially confirmed. The purchase price is £24.3bn ($32.18 billion), a 43% premium over ARM’s stock last week. As part of the deal, SoftBank obliged itself to double ARM’s UK headcount by hiring an extra 1500 jobs and to keep ARM’s “successful partnership business model, culture and brand unchanged.”
ARM is the British company that creates the basic chip designs used in the vast majority of mobile devices in the market. Its clients include Qualcomm, Samsung, Apple, MediaTek, and hundreds of other companies that license ARM’s chip architecture, its chip designs, or both.

ARM doesn’t make its own chips, but its clients used ARM designs to manufacture and ship over 60 billion chips to date.

Masayoshi Son is back in his trademark style after removing the Indian born Nikesh Arora who was named his successor previously.
Damn this guy makes some big bets. He bet some millions on Alibaba, turned into some 70Billion today.

I was watching on BBC channel today that they are 100 billion in debt already and on top of this making a 30+ billion purchase. I bet these people are corrupt and will destroy this nifty little tech company.

Did you guys know that Softbank opened with a fall of 11% the following morning in the stock market? :p
Their CEO still termed it as a "good buy" and that they will start to see the benefits after 3 years. Good buy yes, but over valued IMO.
But i don't know if they were just uninformed (unlikely) or simply crazy. I'm no expert but I've seen too many corporate organizations making poor decisions like this. Could've put the money to a much better use.

Last edited:
Back