SRM Modinagar or Manipal Jaipur or Amity Noida

Altair

Skilled
Guys although my rank in AIEEE(B. Arch) AIR is 3403(Cat:2659) but until i get admission through one of the counselings i nee to decide which college to take admission in..If i get a good college like Sri Mata Vaishno Devi J&K, NITs or Chandigarh College of Architecture in spot round or 4th Counselling i need to decide at least one college as a backup if don't get into any govt. college. So what should it be then? I know the colleges i mentioned are dull and i did got admission into there main campuses with me ranks(SRM-800s, Manipal-280 in arch and 5-6k something in B.Tech) but parents are not ready to send me there and i also don't wanna go south side so..

SRM Modinagar - I can get any stream. IT/CSE/ECE/ME/Architecture
Manipal Jaipur - B.Arch or Mechatronics and maybe Civil and IT. waitlist will be out soon.
Amity Noida - B.Planning

Please reply asap guys i need to pay the admission fees in 1-2 days in either of the colleges. Although i have given IPU's Architecture and I got 560 Rank but its counselling is in august so there's plenty of time. Thanks

nice to know you are picking up architecture and i have long since gotten out of college and that time only a limited colleges had the architecture stream , so i really dont know about these colleges

but the way i would suggest is look at the alumni and seniors .and the library , architecture is one course where your books are nothing other than pillows , you will be spending more time at libraries and learning from the others. good luck !
which one of the three are in the NASA?
i see amity in the nasa list , thats a good sign for them

nice to know you are picking up architecture and i have long since gotten out of college and that time only a limited colleges had the architecture stream , so i really dont know about these colleges

but the way i would suggest is look at the alumni and seniors .and the library , architecture is one course where your books are nothing other than pillows , you will be spending more time at libraries and learning from the others. good luck !
which one of the three are in the NASA?
i see amity in the nasa list , thats a good sign for them
Thanks for the reply. So you are an architect then. Where did you passed out from? and I see the list though dunno what it is? Please explain. Thanks

nasa is national association of students of architecture , it takes time for a college to join the nasa list , i think 5 years of being an observer then you get the status elevated to the member. They hold a yearly convention and smaller regional conventions keep going on through the year . Why i am suggesting you to use that as a yardstick to join is that fi they are a member then the students and the college were serious enough to get into it plus nasa sends people to check how good the college is . So in that i see amity is a member in your region
not perfect analysis but hey it might help :D

the perfect solution would be to meet some ex students or present students of the college and ask them how they feel ,

i passed out from srm chennai a whole white back

nasa is national association of students of architecture , it takes time for a college to join the nasa list , i think 5 years of being an observer then you get the status elevated to the member. They hold a yearly convention and smaller regional conventions keep going on through the year . Why i am suggesting you to use that as a yardstick to join is that fi they are a member then the students and the college were serious enough to get into it plus nasa sends people to check how good the college is . So in that i see amity is a member in your region
not perfect analysis but hey it might help :D

the perfect solution would be to meet some ex students or present students of the college and ask them how they feel ,

i passed out from srm chennai a whole white back

Sorry Wasn't able to reply you back. Still confused. What would you say Amity : Planning or Manipal Jaipur : Architecture.

@kippu Mate Even Architecture is available in Amity Noida. Now what to do.
Major Difference betwwen Architecture and Planning?

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know the differnce between the curicullum and /or what you really want to be in the future :) , or do you really want to leave the rest of your future in my choice :D

Guys, I got Admission in Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar Main Campus. i ranked 24 in PTU Counselling. What say should i go there? @kippu Reply please and please TAG ME! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@Altair : Kippu have passed from Chennai and that also a long while ago :)

I think you should try to search some resent ex- student of the university and ask them about there feeling of studding there.
was it bad or was it excellent .

Kippu'ji can only help u out with what kind of books should be refereed and things to remember while studding kind of things ;)

Sorry if I am been a bit bad on talk but I have been in this kind of situation.

the only lesson I learn is that the decision is going to be made by my self even if top notch people of my field come to guide me.

It's u'r life and so u are now 18+ so decide is on your own dude and chill out u look a bit hyper like what I am some times :p

Back