Storage Solutions SSD opinion and inputs wanted

whereyou find them.please share the link
i think these are good entry level drives
here is the benchmark
24q3km9.png

Solidata market milestones from SSD History

Emerging onto the international stage in October 2008 - Solidata may have a good claim to offering the world's fastest 2.5" SATA flash SSDs. Their X1 series will apparently offer sustained read speed of 240MB/s and sustained write speed of 220MB/s.

In March 2009 - a test report published by Tom's Hardware said it was shocked by the high power consumption of Solidata's 2.5" flash SSDs.

In April 2009 - Solidata was listed #6 in the 8th quarterly edition of the - Top 10 SSD Companies. (Its highest ranking so far, and up 2 places since the previous quarter.)

Also in April 2009 - Solidata announced it has appointed Melbourne based Solid State Central as its new exclusive distributor for the SSD market in Australia.

In July 2009 - Solidata dropped out of the 9th quarterly edition of the - Top 10 SSD Companies - Q2 2009. Rank was #14.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Solidata K5 (64GB) : Spring 2010 Solid State Drive Roundup, Part 1

Final Thoughts

I hate to say it but I just can't get past the cost of the Solidata K5. Even as an enterprise product that is designed to outlast the consumer drives by years, I just can't budge on this issue. The dark horse in the room is the Intel X25-E (enterprise SLC variant of the X25-M consumer SSD). In the U.S. the X25-E is available from Newegg for 749 USD, a little over 100 USD more than the K5. Intel has kept a pretty tight grip on their enterprise drives so we have not been given the opportunity to test the X25-E, but judging from the numbers that are floating around it runs a little faster than the M Series drives. The Solidata K5 performs as well as the Intel X25-M in most tests, but is considerably slower in the Database tests we performed.

After testing the Solidata K5 I was left feeling a little underwhelmed by the performance. In the past we have seen the SLC drives produce numbers that justify their high cost in relation to the MLC drives that were introduced at the same time. The K5 did outperform the MLC drives with the same controller in all of the tests, but not by the same margin as the previous showings. That said, the K5 is very fast and we are looking forward to testing the Solidata K6 MLC Indilinx drive.

Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples to express their opinion of our content and thoughts. If any company representative of this product wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.

Solidata K5-64 SLC Indilinx Solid State Drive - Final Thoughts :: TweakTown USA Edition

Sorry but was only able to find reviews for the older K5 edition

Hope this helps

Back