State of Decay - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
StateOfDecay2.jpg

State of Decay Out on XBLA in June

Yes, it's another zombie game but State of Decay concentrates more on survival, stealth, evasion, and base-building in an open-world environment. You'll work with a bunch of AI survivors to erect structures that will help you survive in a world overrun by the undead. To build these structures, however, requires exploring the world, scavenging raw material. Should you meet a zombie up close, you'll still be able to get rid of them using a range of sturdy melee weapons.

It's being developed by Undead Labs, founded by Jeff Strain. If that name sounds familiar, it's because Strain was the lead programmer on World of Warcraft. The game has partnered with Microsoft Studios, so don't expect to see it on PS3 anytime soon. A PC version is expected sometime down the road, however.

Source: IGN

Debut Trailer:

PAX East 2013 Gameplay:

I played this a lot over the weekend. A real good game, have to maintain the survival of everyone in the game.
Its so well done that if you are not careful with how you manage the people, you can lose some of them. Till now lost 2 of my survivors.
There is a lot of repetition in the game. But i haven't started feeling it as irritating yet.
As dinjo mentioned there are some bugs in the game, but they can be overlooked.
Its an endless amount of missions and a lot of good zombies killing fun :)
The graphics are okish and the audio quality is fine. But i felt the voice acting was very good.

Back