Audio stereo amp or dvdhifi audio

De alchemist

Disciple
Hi

I need to make decision between stereo amp and dvd HIfi, but i am on thin stretch budget of 25-30k
NAD C320bee
rotel ra-04
+ my old bookshelf speaker from phillips stereo amp.
(Floor standing speakers out of budget and space)
I dont know the price and distributor in delhi.
On other hand i got a choice between
Phillips , sony , lg , samsung amp circa 25k but i know how pathetic they sound on my jazz collection....but ease of availability+known dealers+warranty

Help..???

Omg this is funny thread!

The Stereo setup wins hands down mate! And mind you there are some real real good budget bookshelves in the market now.

Try the Tannoy Mercury F1's for ~8k for starters, heard 'em last week and the sound real fab for the price!

All the best :)

Edit : The NAD and Rotel are excellent, though if possible do try to demo your exsiting bookshelves with the amp before buying. Don't for get the Cambridge Audio 540A and the Marantz PM4001 also ;)

this has GOTTA be the biggest DUH I've ever seen on TE, and lemme say it

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bleh:

PS: which are your current speakers ? are you buying a new amp because your old one died or to upgrade ?

greenhorn said:
which are your current speakers ? are you buying a new amp because your old one died or to upgrade ?

Well i had diamond wharfedale 9.0 5.1 setup with subwoofer on a yamaha rxv 457...but i wasnt the owner ....so relished some gr8 muzik for a year..now setup's back to real owner

The sole idea with dvd hifi was my limited time to get a demo and use them(1 year at max) and thin budget..prob just buy them online and get them shipped

So mate get me an online link for NAD, rotel etc in delhi and keep my budget in mind (30 k maxxed out)

my bookshelf speakers are temporary cause stereo amp is gonna take my full budget...they have an impedence of 4 ohm... so trust they will be driven fine....

Last mate, i want information,numbers, dealers, price not sarcasm....at least thats what i thought forums are meant for

@ de alchemist, apologies if i was rude :(

but you know and i know that the answer to your question is kinda obvious , thats why :ashamed:

but the thing is (at least IMHO) speakers are 70% the sound and most modern amps are quite the same , so i say buy better speakers first ,maybe a pair of whafedales and a cheaper (something like norge would be a good idea :D) amp till you can afford better ones :)

30K can get you the Sonodyne floorstanders and a Norge amp :D Greenhorn is correct, speakers make the most difference, so spend more on them.

^ Yea, The Sonodyne Sonus 2605 + Norge will cost you 30k, the Norge is a 125w/channel amp so no issues driving almost anything!

The Sonus are a beautiful pair of floorstanders though, very clean and warm tone!

Haven't heard them myself, but have read good things about them. But the single driver speakers are not ideal for rock/trance/dance etc. Can't handle bass well.

Back