Budget 25-30k Stock Android experience + Dedicated dual sim + Dedicated microSD + Big Battery

Digigear

Disciple
I currently own the realme x7 max 128GB variant and I like it overall but there are a couple of things that's annoying that is making me want to upgrade - limited storage and poor battery life.

I am not sure if there is a phone that has all the features that I need, that's what I need advice on.

Non-negotiable features:-
  1. Stock Android - Don't need any bloatware.
  2. Dedicated dual sim - I travel abroad frequently so I need two sim slots for just sim cards at all times.
  3. Dedicated microSD - I am so tired of running out of space. So having a dedicated microSD that I can upgrade to let's say 1TB and just let it stay there and forget about it would be very nice.
  4. Big battery - I would like something with a 5000mAh battery or over but this depends on the optimization I suppose. I would definitely like to get as much battery as I can. I've been burned way too many times by my device running out of juice.
  5. 5G - with Jio 5G trials already under way, this is absolutely a must.
Desirable but negotiable:-
  1. Compact size - I want something that is around 6.4" or under. Don't want anything too big.
  2. Good screen - Maybe 10bit with always on display and definitely FHD/FHD+
  3. Good fast charging - Near 65w would be nice!
  4. Price - Ideally under 30k, but honestly, for me the features matter more than the price. If I can get everything I'm looking for in one phone I'm surely willing to go for a higher price tag, as long as it is proper value for money overall.
Is there even a device that has all that I'm looking for?

Only Motorola is coming with stock android phones now a days and all those are dual sim but with hybrid slots. So no dedicated microSD slot.
If you can let go dedicated microSD as non-negotiable feature, Motorola G82 5G has all features you want,

Only Motorola is coming with stock android phones now a days and all those are dual sim but with hybrid slots. So no dedicated microSD slot.
If you can let go dedicated microSD as non-negotiable feature, Motorola G82 5G has all features you want,
I was looking at this and i like everything but 128gb is a dealbreaker for me. I can't even opt for a higher storage variant. :/

Firstly, stock Android is AOSP which is not sold commercially and every other variant is a modification, though some may have simple skins.

Your requirements are also a bit contradictory, as SD cards are more into budget phone territory now and 6.4" is seriously not compact. Also, the ridiculous fast charging is into Chinese phone territory as any USB-PD device will not go beyond 30-45W.

On the Android side, only Zenfone 9 can be considered compact but it is priced quite high and doesn't still meet all your requirements.
G series of Android traditionally only receive one major OS update and 2-3 years of security updates at a strech, with significant delay. Not worth buying Motorola at all for the software.

I was looking at this and i like everything but 128gb is a dealbreaker for me. I can't even opt for a higher storage variant. :/
You can consider Nothing Phone 1. It has no MicroSD support but 8GB+256 GB variant is there.
It has mostly bloat free android dubbed as Nothing OS with 3 years of android updates and 4 years of security updates.
Comes without charger in box but supports fast charging.

You can consider Nothing Phone 1. It has no MicroSD support but 8GB+256 GB variant is there.
It has mostly bloat free android dubbed as Nothing OS with 3 years of android updates and 4 years of security updates.
Comes without charger in box but supports fast charging.

It's new in market so we can't comment on reliability and after sales service.

While Moto G82 offers stock android experience,it seems to have cut corners which is why i have been hesitant to buy one,while most phones in the price range come with reasonably fast UFS 2.2 storage ,G82 uses outdated UFS 2.1.
When majority of the phones that offer Oled screens are usually AMOLED,G82 employs pOLED(please correct me if I’m wrong).

I currently own the realme x7 max 128GB variant and I like it overall but there are a couple of things that's annoying that is making me want to upgrade - limited storage and poor battery life.

I am not sure if there is a phone that has all the features that I need, that's what I need advice on.

Non-negotiable features:-
  1. Stock Android - Don't need any bloatware.
  2. Dedicated dual sim - I travel abroad frequently so I need two sim slots for just sim cards at all times.
  3. Dedicated microSD - I am so tired of running out of space. So having a dedicated microSD that I can upgrade to let's say 1TB and just let it stay there and forget about it would be very nice.
  4. Big battery - I would like something with a 5000mAh battery or over but this depends on the optimization I suppose. I would definitely like to get as much battery as I can. I've been burned way too many times by my device running out of juice.
  5. 5G - with Jio 5G trials already under way, this is absolutely a must.
Desirable but negotiable:-
  1. Compact size - I want something that is around 6.4" or under. Don't want anything too big.
  2. Good screen - Maybe 10bit with always on display and definitely FHD/FHD+
  3. Good fast charging - Near 65w would be nice!
  4. Price - Ideally under 30k, but honestly, for me the features matter more than the price. If I can get everything I'm looking for in one phone I'm surely willing to go for a higher price tag, as long as it is proper value for money overall.
Is there even a device that has all that I'm looking for?
No such device is available.

Have a look at Motorola Edge 30.

Stock Android + dedicated microSD = No such device exist at that price range in 2022.
Even the 256GB variant is available only in a few flagship model.
You will have to compromise on some of your feature requirements. And for bloatware, you can easily debloat it with a tool available on GitHub.

Stock Android + dedicated microSD = No such device exist at that price range in 2022.
Even the 256GB variant is available only in a few flagship model.
You will have to compromise on some of your feature requirements. And for bloatware, you can easily debloat it with a tool available on GitHub.
Can you link me to the tool?

So if I were to get a dual sim + dedicated sd card with bloatware OS but nice hardware. Which one should I go for?

So if I were to get a dual sim + dedicated sd card with bloatware OS but nice hardware. Which one should I go for?
Among Android devices, really have come to like OneUI devices with DeX. The longer support is welcome and desktop support when in a pinch is useful.

Even otherwise, for the Fifa WC and JioCinema app issues on TV, there were times when I used the App View under Smart View to cast the app in the background to my Samsung TV while still using the device for browsing and messaging.

Also, it is one of the manufacturers that still easily allows bootloader to be unlocked and custom ROMs to be flashed as against many of the Chinese manufacturers who have either disabled it, made it difficult or stopped providing the driver support.

I disable the system apps I don't need manually through adb using trial and error, as some of the general lists just break some functionality or the other or don't debloat enough.

This tool will show you the recommended app to debloat and also details (actual use) of the app.

Last edited:
Back