Stop error

Handy

Disciple
I am getting a blue screen when i try and boot...the win XP loading screen comes but it dosen't boot to desktop.. A flash of blue screen comes which has a STOP error.

Now the problem is when i format my PC ( both the drives) it again works properly for a few days...after 10-12 days same problem repeats...I am tired of formattting now.:S
Here's the error last time...
Also i get a CRC error sometimes.....I have a 250 GB HDSK and 1 GB RAM. WIn XP SP 2

wots the error that's getting displyed??????????

Now the problem is when i format my PC ( both the drives) it again works properly for a few days...after 10-12 days same problem repeats...I am tired of formattting now.

Regarding the above problem,i am sure, since u have mentioned CRC error and it is coming back even after formatting and that means the HD must be faulty...and CRC errors occur mostly because there is some sort of physical damage to the disk..........get it replaced if its under warranty..........

Balkazzaar said:
wots the error that's getting displyed??????????
Regarding the above problem, it is also possible (i am sure, since u have mentioned CRC error and it is coming back even after formatting) that the HD must be faulty...and CRC errors occur mostly because there is some sort of physical damage to the disk..........

Ans1.>

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFF86, 0x00000001, 0x867E2E15, 0x00000000)

I was getting this error with a my previous HDSk and hence bought a new one. I am getting this CRC error very rarely.

look towards the bottom of the screen , there will be a driver name or some error message. post back with that and it should help narrow down the fault

bottle said:
look towards the bottom of the screen , there will be a driver name or some error message. post back with that and it should help narrow down the fault

yes...here it is.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

could be a ram fault. download memtest86and burn it to a cd and test your ram

also check event viewer for any error codes (contol panel/administrative tools)

Back