Strange issue with Win10 System Sound

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

since last windows 10 update, I encounter with few strange issues as follows:-
  1. When ever I unplug speaker 3.5mm audio Jack from front sound socket and insert earphone pin then the sound automatically get off (no sound) & vice versa (if I uninstall Realtek Sound Driver from device manager and restart system then sound issue got solved
  2. Paint & paint 3d all suddenly stopped
  3. Treasure Hunt Game unable to load/start
Just update Realtek Driver with latest released but no use... sound issue not solved

Any suggestion/help please?
Thank you in advance

Have you tried uninstalling recent windows 10 update? Also check if it has something to do with auto jack detection settings in audio control panel.

Gigabyte H110M-H

Considering you're running Windows 10 20H2 (build 19042) / 21H1 (build 19043), can you please turn off internet access, completely remove the existing driver (which is probably based on Realtek's legacy HDA model), install the latest UAA DCH driver for your motherboard, update it to Gigabyte's latest build while being offline, and show me the final result?

On another note, please provide the output of the following command (run it from an elevated shell):
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

Last edited:
Considering you're running Windows 10 20H2 (build 19042) / 21H1 (build 19043), can you please turn off internet access, completely remove the existing driver (which is probably based on Realtek's legacy HDA model), install the latest UAA DCH driver for your motherboard, update it to Gigabyte's latest build while being offline, and show me the final result?

On another note, please provide the output of the following command (run it from an elevated shell):
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
Hi, please check below iamge and advice ... thanks for your inputs

Attachments

• cmd-04-06-2021.jpg
    cmd-04-06-2021.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 58
@Emperor

Thanks for the feedback.

Please be online and run the following command in an elevated shell:
Code:
sfc /scannow

It may take some time to complete as SFC may find out redundant entries, and end up with some fixable errors.

Next, reset the Windows Store:
Code:
wsreset

Any progress regrading the audio driver update?

Last edited:
@Emperor

Thanks for the feedback.

Please be online and run the following command in an elevated shell:
Code:
sfc /scannow

It may take some time to complete as SFC may find out redundant entries, and end up with some fixable errors.

Next, reset the Windows Store:
Code:
wsreset

Any progress regrading the audio driver update?
Hi,

I just use DDU to uninstall.... and sound issue solved.... thanks to @SunnyBoi and you

Pain 3D/Solitaire & Treasure Hunt... still unable to open

Now.. do I need to do install latest UAA DCH driver for motherboard and update it to Gigabyte's latest build while being offline

Regards

@Emperor

By uninstalling the legacy driver, you are now forcing Windows to use the generic HD audio driver, which will not provide any kind of enhancement. That's why it is suggested to use the latest DCH driver for the audio chip to get the most out of it.

Regarding those two apps, have you tried resetting the Store as mentioned above? Are you getting any specific error message while trying to launch those two apps?

@Emperor

It would be better if you do one thing at a time. You have yet to post the outputs of the two commands I mentioned above.

Regarding the BSOD, start by telling us the complete error code and/or sharing a screenshot.

@Titokhan
  1. Yes, after using all of files/installation as per your suggestion, now sound is OK
  2. Paint 3D/Solitaire & Treasure Hunt... still unable to open
  3. Attach BSOD screen

Attachments

• bsod-2.jpg
    bsod-2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 49
@Titokhan

sorry for nub question.. how to share dump file here and where to find it..?

From the linked thread:

Small memory dump​

A small memory dump (Minidump) is a C:\Windows\Minidump dump file that contains the stop code, parameters, list of loaded device drivers, information about the current process and thread, and the kernel stack for the thread that caused the crash.

Compress the aforementioned folder into an archive and upload it to any file sharing site (e.g. Google Drive). Then share the link via PM.

Back