Budget 21-30k Streaming (Plex Media Server) / Torrent box

shrek

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 20-30K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Intel i3 (Haswell)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • None
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes (if its a good deal)
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Streaming HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Intel (Looking to run a Linux OS)
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. None
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Linux
    • Open to suggestions
I'm looking for a small cabinet (possible micro atx, something on the lines of Bitfenix Phenom). This is going to run headless. I plan to use this as a streaming PC that could transcode 2 720p streams to 2 iPad's and direct stream to a PC (no transcoding required here). According to the Plex website, the CPU should have a minimum of 2000 passmark rating per 1080p stream in order for a seamless transcode.

It would be great if I could also use the same as a torrent box and access the drive over the network from the main PC.

Looking for suggestions.

Cheers

30k bundle

i3 4160-7,300
Asus-B85 m gamer mobo-6,000
Gskill 4gb-1,800
2 tb WD-5,500
Corsair Rm 550 to cut down electricity cost =6,000
Cabinet any one -3k
Optional
Deepcool liquid Cooler -3k
3 extra branded chassis fan-2k