Streaming Services Subscription Sharing (Except Netflix)

raksrules

Elite
Opening this new thread to see if people want to share streaming subscriptions for other services except netflix since netflix already has its own thread. From the information I could gather from internet, here are the details about the services I know of..

Streaming App / ServiceCost Per YearNo. Of Allowed StreamsCost Per Stream / YearSeparate ProfileComments (if any)
Disney+Hotstar₹15002₹750No
Voot₹5004₹125NoFAQ says that if one is logged into more than 4 devices, error will come. Not sure if they mean logged in or simultaneously streaming.
SonyLiv₹10002₹500Yes (i think)
Zee5₹5003~₹170Not sureRegular price is ₹999

Few Points to note..

• The above information is as of today July 24 2021 and can change.
  • Prices of Voot and Zee5 are promotional discounted prices and their regular price is usually ₹1000. But usually people try to not subscribe at that price and wait for the coupon or discount.
  • People interested in sharing can post here, either to make groups or get themselves added to an existing group. The people have to then take it forward via whatsapp group etc to manage payments and everything.
  • Many services from above do not provide option to create profile which means if you are sharing subscription, you have to expect the other people in your group who share login will be able to see what each one is watching (or had watched).
  • If you have way to reduce subscription cost even further, do mention, may be through recharge offers or some coupon or anything for that matter.
  • If possible, try to use email and password and not mobile number and not OTP login so people don't have to depend on the main member to tell them OTP when logging in.

To Start, I am interested in Voot subscription if anyone wants to share. If there is a way to make it cheaper, do suggest. I have one coupon which brings price to Rs. 350 for one year subscription. This means less than Rs. 100 per person.

good initiative, couple of pointers, if you are using fk and got some points accumulated, most of the above said services can be redeemed.

People using tapatalk, please use web view option to see top post as in tapatalk the tables etc looks messed up.

Another (not very popular) service is Discovery+ (200 Rs. per year)

PM me for sharing of
  1. Disney+ Hotstar Premium Annual share (pro-rata of Rs. 750 / year)
  2. SonyLiv (pro-rata quarterly of Rs. 500 per year) and
  3. Netflix

About apple - The best thing to cover is the "Apple One" Family subscription....Which cover both TV+ and Music - But Is it true there is no privacy between 6 family members?
Only hardcore Apple users may shed some light regarding this matter.

Also, those video services don't allow separate profiles like NF is hard to use - As the recommendation will mismatch.

Sony LIV had profiles I can confirm this, but it logs out randomly if you use it in more than 2 devices so you will need to maintain communication.

Zee5 has no profiles and is a pain to share. You can also add sunnxt to the list, if you are interested in sharing south indian content.

By the way, has anyone here used lionsgate play?

About apple - The best thing to cover is the "Apple One" Family subscription....Which cover both TV+ and Music - But Is it true there is no privacy between 6 family members?

Also, those video services don't allow separate profiles like NF is hard to use - As the recommendation will mismatch.

Sharing apple plus or apple family sharing is pain and most people never do that unless you closely know each other as I guess all "family" members can buy apps etc so it is more risky that way. That's why you usually dont see apple subscription sharing.

Another service is tidal and apple music.. I mean family plans... Are we covering those here?

Tidal Music Family Sharing thread already here in TE - AFAIK there is 2 group formed via Tidal Turkey service which price came down to 46 INR per month for each user of HIFI/Master tier.

I gather the Apple Music family plan can't be shared as reason stated above.

Can confirm, Sony has profiles. Has 4 profiles but max 2 streams.
But it seems unusually eager to logout. Happens more frequently than other services.

E7C1CC11-502F-45EE-BF79-7C550D8E4C01.jpeg

These things are available for share in Apple one subscription. All these things can be controlled by family organiser. Only location sharing can be individually controlled. Findmy shows all your devices and locations to each other.
It’s a bit more involved than just id and password for Netflix. Wouldn’t recommend sharing with unknown people.

Last edited:
I have a Disney+ Hotstar Premium Annual for ₹ 1499/year Next Billing Date: 19 Apr 2022
This allows for content on 2 screens - https://www.hotstar.com/in/subscribe/get-started

I am interested in having one person share this pro-rata. Cost comes to Rs. 540, say 500 Rs. (we can review pricing if they allow profiles as listed above.

PS: Lionsgateplay is available via Airtel Xstream as far as I know.

I have a Disney+ Hotstar Premium Annual for ₹ 1499/year Next Billing Date: 19 Apr 2022
This allows for content on 2 screens - https://www.hotstar.com/in/subscribe/get-started

I am interested in having one person share this pro-rata. Cost comes to Rs. 540, say 500 Rs. (we can review pricing if they allow profiles as listed above.

PS: Lionsgateplay is available via Airtel Xstream as far as I know.
No profiles in Disney plus sadly :(

Purchase Zee5 Codes from Desidime Users. They will sell the 6 months code for Rs. 75. These codes are from TimesPrime Subscription.

Nice to know. Definitely useful for some. For me I am more inclined to get Disney+Hotstar as I am myself interested in MCU Movies and with the large library of Disney and Pixar movies and with hindi dub (I like watching dubbed versions many a times for fun). I hope they come up with user profiles and that will make sharing easier. It can be ever shared without profiles but then one can see what other is watching and it will mess up watched history for common shows.

@TinTinSnowy Do DD users also have voot subscriptions for that less? Also can you link to actual section / link on DD for those trades?

@raksrules

I have no idea about Voot Subscription. I am on 300 Mb/s JioFiber Plan. I get access to all OTTs including Netflix (SD). I pay some amount for upgrading Netflix to UHD/4 Seats. I share the 3 seats of Netflix to recoup the cost. Net cost for me is 19K for a year (300 Mb/s + All OTT subscriptions). It is not a good deal unless you need 300 Mb/s like me.

Desidime Trading Section: https://www.desidime.com/forums/trading-classifieds

Back