Less than 10K sub 2k phone required, only for calls

Looking out for options for a sub 2k phone. This is only primarily to receive and make calls. No other options required. Small screen is not a concern.

Only looking for a good durablity and good volume clarity as this phone will be intended for an old person.

Planned for Nokia 101, any others. please suggest.

TIA!

Nokia 101 is best for such case. Even though there are many other options from local brands but 101 offers lowest SAR value, durable, reliable etc.
I gave this to my parents and they are happy with that.

I also would suggest Samsung guru music. Excellent battery life, and very good when it comes to voice quality and network reception. Been using it for the past 15 days... Got it locally for around 1.6k....

#aka911

Is Samsung E1282 handset, font and dial numbers on Screen is BIG enough to read by Elderly Person with heavy Specs?

Where are you from? ...

I also would suggest Samsung guru music. Excellent battery life, and very good when it comes to voice quality and network reception. Been using it for the past 15 days... Got it locally for around 1.6k....

I like branded one for battery, display, reception & durability.

Almost selected Samsung E1282, just need some clarification on Font and Network part.

Thanks for suggestion :)

#aka911 Does Samsung Guru E1282 have big FONT DISPLAY, I mean to say when you punch Number for call is BIG ENOUGH so can read on Screen by Elderly Person?

Kindly reply early :)

I purchased a Philips E122 for 750 from Snapdeal, ...
nice price, good brand. Snapdeal display Rs.988/-. Any one here have coupen, want to book then.
Edit:- Low SAR, manual says:
"The highest SAR value for this E122 model phone when tested for compliance against the standard was 0.596 W/kg for ICNIRP recommendation."
Sexy phone @throwing value, thanks to prateeks:)

Last edited:
I purchased a Philips E122 for 750 from Snapdeal, it's dual sim, has micro SD card slot, via camera, mp3 player.. Radio and the usual...
How's the sound quality on that? The previous cheapest Nokia phone I bought had terrible speakers and I couldn't hear anything over it, let alone my parents. My friend has a slightly costlier version and it was decent. Need good call voice quality as it will be used by elders.

Voice quality is good , back speaker volume is loud enough...FM radio is awesome...and has an mp3 player too with a pretty average VGA camera...screen is small ,so i dont think this will suit the elders...

Back