Suggest 32" LCD Full HD TV

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
One more suggestion about product is required,

Wanna buy 32"LCD Full HD TV, Some aspects to consider for advise... :bleh:

1) Mostly It will be used for Movies (No plan for Hi-fi Home theater for 1 year though)and gaming

2) Don't have console, but mostly will buy PS3 in couple of weeks.

3) Don't have external speakers also

4) Need a good USB connectivity, as well as Devise connectivity. So USB, HDMI are must required

5) Room dimension is prolly 14(W) X 12(H) X 12(L) foots. (As far as I know this is a desi unit to map a person's height, so therefor dont screw me, I dont know exact units for room mapping. :hap2:)

6) And same drill, good picture quality, good movement quality, good sound quality.

7) Last but not least Budget : 35,000/- Only :tongue:

8) Location is Hyd, and mostly will go through EMI, So good shop suggestion is also welcome.

^^ TY for suggestions mate, But EX300 does not support full HD res IMHO. BTW I am referring this link.

KLV-32EX300 : EX Series : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India

TY gannu,

Main difference I could notice is contrast and Power consumption. In both, Samsung is ahead of a minimal margin with 70K:1 in front of 50K:1 and 130W in front of 148W.

http://compareindia.in.com/productscompare.php?sectionid=9

Also there's no woofer available in both. and DVI is absent in both. But I guess that wont make any issue coz, due to S-video and HDMI I can attach my DVD player and PS3 later on, plus my camera also which supports HDMI.

How about warranty and personal experience?

Any other models to confuse with?

Ok compared all Three,

Compare India

LG model would sure win in sound category due to more (8) speakers. and Price I guess is absolutely VFM.

Now just Live Demo remains.

TY party monger and techmind for your inputs.

crossbow said:
Ok compared all Three,
Compare India

LG model would sure win in sound category due to more (8) speakers. and Price I guess is absolutely VFM.
Now just Live Demo remains.

TY party monger and techmind for your inputs.

carry a few .avi's on a pen drive....the ips panel on the lg is mind blowing...and playback from usb is fantastic as well....

TTM beat me by a few mins..

Try to expand ur budget a little and get jazz theatre,
if you get jazz, demo the jazz theatre first, and then see the menus on jazz, i saw a demo of jazz, and the menu werent very good, but it was functional, i was told that it was an old model and new ones had better looking menu..

Avi play back is brilliant on jazz..

And yeah sound will blow you away, if you feel the vocals are not clear go to clear voice settin and switch it on, by default its 3, and you'l suddenly you feel as if the actors are speaking very very clearly ( duh! But the difference is almost like lookin through a glass not cleaner in over a year and a brand new one..)

kool, but budget is max 35-37K, can't stretch more. And It's varying between 39-43K. BTW specs are quite good.

@PartyMonger,

saw the demo for both decided models,

LG jazz theater blows apart,

Tried 700MB rip of LOTR- ROTK, Sucked

Tried Full DVD of LOTR- RTOK, Pretty Nice

Tried Pulse DVD-2, "Comfy numb", Whooaaaaaa, I am impressed

Tried Transformers BD, Very good performance

Tried "Echoes.flac"- Pink Floyd, Not sooo much impressed.

Over all excellent deal. And I will go with this for sure

If your preference is for a FHD with an awesome sound, LG Jazz would be the first choice. But IMHO, no TV can replicate a sound experience provided by a decent 5.1 system, including LG Jazz.

But if you are looking for excellent visuals in FHD, I would recommend Philips 32PFL 5609 any day. This TV has become such a sleeper hit, that it's become hard to find models anywhere now and is being sold at a premium everywhere [Also, it was reaching EOL].

Watched Avatar in Blu-Ray [which I think has set the standard for Blu-Ray's in image quality] and I was blown away. I've been owning this TV for the last 3 months and I've found that the image quality is very good when it comes to 720p and good when it comes to DTH and very bad when it comes to cable. It also plays movies through USB with sub-title support.

That's True mate,

But I am not planning for Home theater or add-on speakers at-least in near future. That's why I am sticking to a complete package which is most VFM.

BTW I have got some decent reviews about that Phillips model, so before finalizing the purchase, I am sure gonna take a look at the model.

One thing that I have noticed on TE is that everybody is booing LG TVs :cursing:eek:n the forums and praising :clapping: for Sony, Sammy and Philips. Another interesting thing to notice is that every time when a suggestion about a good LCD TV is asked, the same TVs Sony EX300, Sammy B550, Philips 5609 are suggested. Now, my humble questions are:
"Is there no other TV worth considering?" :S and
"Is the quality of LG that bad?" :(

One can always add a AE2 or even some 2.1 multimedia speakers.

A tvs primary goal is to show video or visual information.Most people will keep a tv for atleast 5 years,some upto 10years or until its kaput.
So buy a tv that has good PQ,the said lg models have nothing special in video department,except viewing angles.They are better only insouns i.e low frequency sound may be lower mids and media playback via usb and the price.
Since you are buying in showroom for 35k budget you can go for the philips 5609 or wait for the samsung C5xx lcd which will be launched anytime now.
You don't need eagles eyes to spot the superiority of the said models vs the said lg .

vicks_virgo said:
Now, my humble questions are:
"Is there no other TV worth considering?"

Well you can consider Onida, Haier, Videocon, Sansui & VU LCD's also if you don't want Sony, Samsung, Philips & LG.

vicks_virgo said:
"Is the quality of LG that bad?" :(

No one is saying LG is bad. They are just saying that other TV's are better.

I completely agree with all the replies. But techtree.com, in their reviews, have given 55 points out of possible 100 as benchmark test to LG 42LH60YR (Jazz theatre) and 60 points out of 100 to Sony BRAVIA KLV-40NX500. Is a difference of 5 points a substantial one? I am a noob at this. Explanation is welcome.

Back