Monitors Suggest a 19" Widescreen LCD for primary rig.

Guys i'm getting a 19" LCD for my primary rig...cant go any higher as my 7600GS wud then prove to be the bottleneck...:p Currently using a 17" CRT..:p

I've done a bit of homework too..but from here on, it gets a bit confusing..

These are essentially the models tht i think, suit my budget(arnd 10k)...

1. Viewsonic VA1926W - ( CR - 800:1, DCR - 2000:1, RS - 5ms, Analog+digital)

This is from the new CASA LCD series. Price not known.

2. Viewsonic VG1930WM - (CR - 700:1, RS - 5ms, Ana+digi+audio)

Price : 10.5k (theitwares.com)

3. Viewsonic VX1932WM - ( DCR - 2000:1, RS - 2ms, Ana+digi+audio)

Price : 10.85k (theitwares.com)

4. Dell E198WFP - ( 1000 : 1 CR or DCR ??, RS - 5ms, Ana+digi)

Price : 9.7k (with 3 yrs warranty) Price from dell online store...any1 know the real price of this model?

So, which one of these models shud i get? Also, what is the warranty period for viewsonic lcds?

Thanks. :)

interested in a viewsonic 1912w-3?

its similar in almost every way to a 1930w (they have a 3year warranty based on serial number)

nukeu666 said:
interested in a viewsonic 1912w-3?

its similar in almost every way to a 1930w (they have a 3year warranty based on serial number)

I see tht the VA1912W has only an analog connector..plus it has a contrast ratio of only 500:1..:no: The newer casa models seem to be better...;)

Udit said:
Buy the Dell E198WFP as it is the best 19" widescreen lcd in India :)

Is it even better than the 2ms VX1932WM ?? Tht seems to have the most impressive spec sheet of all the models i have listed...

Also do you know the actual price of the Dell E198WFP ? Is the price listed in the dell online store correct? Also can i pick dell lcds off any shop or do i have to get it only from their online store? :S

Thanks.

Vince said:
Me wanty one 19" Monitor too! Gonna buy one tomorrow.. Someone please suggest something..

Follow this thread, buddy..prolly,even u'll get ur answer..:)

Private Ryan said:
Is it even better than the 2ms VX1932WM ?? Tht seems to have the most impressive spec sheet of all the models i have listed...

Also do you know the actual price of the Dell E198WFP ? Is the price listed in the dell online store correct? Also can i pick dell lcds off any shop or do i have to get it only from their online store? :S

yup it is better than the VX1932WM as VX1932WM has 2000:1 dynamic contrast ratio where as E198WFP has 1000:1 typical contrast ratio thus the dell is better :D

you have to order online or via Raghu :)

Ohhh thanks yaar..:D So tht sums up pretty fast for this thread...the Dell E198WFP it is..:D

Though it hardly matters to you, as ur rep meter is full, but really wanted to rep you..but cant..spreading problem..:p

Hmm. i need a new monitor ASAP, so i guess i'll be going for the Viewsonic 1930 or 1932..

or maybe a samsung one, though i dunno if any are good..

i am gettin my 19" monitor on the 20th

i am not going for the widescreen cause it looks small . i am going for the square one

i believe widescreen is usefull for 22" ABOVE monitors........ below that its not that much fun !

i have this logic kinda funny

1440x900 = 1296000 (widescreen) & 1280x1024 = 1310720 (Square)

*based on True Resolution given in the Viewsonic official site

that means 14720 of more VIEW AREA pixels ! :)

SQUARE MONITORS STILL RULES !

^ Well widescreen displays are best for movies. almost all divx and dvd rips have an aspect ratio of 16:9... so if u get a square display, most of the extra pixels gained vertically go into the black strips...:p And u effectively get less viewing space from side to side... ;)

Back