Monitors Suggest a 22" monitor to go with HD 4670

baccilus

Skilled
Since I have a Sapphire HD4670 1GB, I think a 1680X1050 resolution will be better suited. Earlier I was going to pair it Samsung 2033sw but I have decided to go for a 22" screen now because it will be a better upgrade from my existing 17" CRT.

Can someone please suggest some good 22" monitors as per my requirement.

Budget: Around 10K

Primary usage: Gaming and a bit of movie watching(mostly rips)

Note: I am fine gaming a notch below the native resolution or using medium settings.

Moreover after reading this article by Free Radical, I am leaning more towards 1680X1050 screen resolution since it provides more screen space and is less of a drain on the GPU, not to mention, easier on the eye. Especially after reading about actual screen sizes on these 22" displays in the same article, I think going with the 16:10 resolution will be better.

What do you think guys?

if you want a display to watch HD videos and very are a casual gamer, go for Dell 2209W or samsung 2233SW.

if you game a lot and are not concerned about FullHD etc, go for Dell 2208WFP and there are few 22" 1680X1050 displays in samsung.

Samsung has the T220 model in the 22" 16:10 category. a great model with 2ms response time. but this model is a bit hard to find these days.

i could not find one for me at lammy in mumbai. maybe u can try searching it at croma's/next etc in your area if you are hell bent on buying it.

desiibond said:
if you game a lot and are not concerned about FullHD etc, go for Dell 2208WFP and there are few 22" 1680X1050 displays in samsung.

Since my requirements are similar, please name those samsung monitors. And are those Samsungs and Dell 2208wfp available under 10k?

mhamirma said:
Samsung has the T220 model in the 22" 16:10 category. a great model with 2ms response time. but this model is a bit hard to find these days.

What will be the expected Price of T220?

Under 10k, Samsung 2233SW is your best choice. aorund 9.5k-9.8k

Samsung T220 is pricey, rare. Last price i saw was 11.5k (am not updated on this)

Back