Monitors Suggest a 24 inch monitor for Animation and Graphics purpose

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I already own a Dell ST2220M at my Mumbai home and its best for every purpose- gaming, movies etc. Fabulous performance I would say.

In Pune, I got age old Viewsonic 17'inch lcd. Its working perfect and have served well since past 5 years straight.

My bro requires a decent monitor for his animation and graphics purpose. He worked couple of times on my Dell ST2220M and he was impressed by the clarity and colors. So now he needs he same model.

So want to add another monitor in 24'inch range and have zeroed down to Dell ST2420L.
Budget: 14k
Any IPS in that range then can downsize size to 22in'.

What you guys suggest?
Shall we go with Dell ST2420L or even Dell ST2220L? Or if you other thoughts and suggestions?

Also are there any monitors in 22-24in range to which we can connect set-top boxes and use as a tv occasionally? Just asking but dont need it.

Last edited:
If he's serious regarding graphics, he should stay a mile away from TN panels.
I had a Dell ST2410 years back and upgraded to this IPS monitor , put them side by side and i realized i was literally using crap all those years.
The Proart series is a bit pricier, i had got mine for 17k but it's definitely worth the small premium for the quality on offer (Color accuracy, viewing angles, build quality was pretty much unbeatable at this price point). Dunno about the newer models and pricing though.
As for the monitors you've mentioned i think they are absolutely rubbish for a graphics pro, they are just good enough for the average user and provides good connectivity options at a low price point, they used to have a bunch of those in my office and a lot of them suffered from horrendous backlight bleeding.
If you're on a tight budget, i'd recommend this over the options you mentioned although it's only 21.5". Also connectivity options are limited to vga and hdmi with a glossy screen but the IQ is way superior since it's IPS on a budget (trust me i've seen em side by side). It also has audio out like all monitors these days so you can connect your HD set top box and plug in speakers for audio.
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-s2240l...tors&ref=e42699c5-064a-4e53-8e4a-1e9215059f9e

Last edited:
If he's serious regarding graphics, he should stay a mile away from TN panels.
I had a Dell ST2410 years back and upgraded to this IPS monitor , put them side by side and i realized i was literally using crap all those years.
The Proart series is a bit pricier, i had got mine for 17k but it's definitely worth the small premium for the quality on offer (Color accuracy, viewing angles, build quality was pretty much unbeatable at this price point). Dunno about the newer models and pricing though.
As for the monitors you've mentioned i think they are absolutely rubbish for a graphics pro, they are just good enough for the average user and provides good connectivity options at a low price point, they used to have a bunch of those in my office and a lot of them suffered from horrendous backlight bleeding.
If you're on a tight budget, i'd recommend this over the options you mentioned although it's only 21.5". Also connectivity options are limited to vga and hdmi with a glossy screen but the IQ is way superior since it's IPS on a budget (trust me i've seen em side by side). It also has audio out like all monitors these days so you can connect your HD set top box and plug in speakers for audio.
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-s2240l...tors&ref=e42699c5-064a-4e53-8e4a-1e9215059f9e

Thanks.
I forgot to mention budget here. Now updated our budget details.
The asus pa238q is amazing no doubt but its way way out of our budget. :(

Also I'm confused here as to why you pointed towards dell-s2240l link on flipkart??

I can think on
Asus VX238H 23 inch IPS LED Monitor

Asus VX229H 21.5 Inch AH-IPS LED Monitor
but dont know how are they in terms of quality etc etc.

The VX238H is not IPS. The VX229H is IPS and should be fine. It has a matte finish IINM.

The S2240L is also IPS, thats why he gave you the link - do note that it's glossy.

If you're looking for another matte finish IPS panel, there are the LG MP55HQ series which were recommended in another thread here recently : http://www.lg.com/in/ips-monitors . Ah yes, these LG monitors have a flicker free backlight as well, i.e. they do not use PWM to control brightness.

Bro has tried his eyes on glossy monitors and they tend to kill them...strains!!
One needs to have a perfect balance of lighting ambiance in doors to use glossy.
And our house is very airy and lighty from dawn to dusk all times hence matte will be the preferable option.

LG options looks good but havent uses any lg product as of yet.

If anybody willing to comment on LG monitors and esp. their ASS will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok so finally I'm about to buy a monitor so whats the major diff. between,

BenQ GL2460HM 24 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor vs Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor

Which one should I go for???

One is TN, the other is IPS.

You mentioned above that glossy monitors strain your brother's eyes, so why have you shortlisted the S2240L again?

Bro worked on ips for more than a month now and he seems comfortable with that now.:)
I'm getting BenQ GL2460HM for a good offer hence asked whats the major diff. between these two apart from ips and tn?
I think this Benq model is a way older ones but correct me if I'm wrong on this.:confused:

And what about its graphics quality as compared to dell? Ya i know ips will be a winner overall but still...

Actually I'm not able to find a proper review on google between these two.

Why not shortlist some IPS monitors with a matte finish from Dell, Benq, Asus?

Dell - P2214H
Asus - one model mentioned above
Benq - uses *VA not IPS

Last edited:
Due to sudden laptop issue, brother has stepped down monitor budget as expenses on laptop repairs cannot be ascertained. :stop:

Hence the only viable option @10k will be Dell S2240L 21.5 as suggested earlier.

Still he is struggling for a pure 22in in 10k
If any other viable options within 10k for 21.5-22in then do let me know.

Back