Suggest a 25k phone for my 76 year old elderly boss

montsa007

Adept
Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: Max 25k (Please no cheapo 5-10k phones)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: No Preference

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Doesn't like Blackberry.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen or something with big keys

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: No special preference

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: No Windows or Blackberry OS.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, Internet, Mails

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should have big buttons if its a non touch, since he's 76 "Seventy Six" years old :unsure:.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: He is opting for Iphone 4, I did recommend a Berry Pearl but he said "My kids are strongly against Berry" :annoyed:

Please advise :(

What about some Droid like Galaxy Nexus?

I suggested Nexus when my immediate boss asked for a phone at approx 25k~, I didn't knew that the older boss is buying, I withdrew the suggestion immediately, Nexus would be useless as he won't be doing any custom ROM or tweaking it lol, he still hasn't JB'en his Ipad :p. My immediate boss made my job easier by wiping off Lumia/Windows phones from the 'shortlist' :D. Can't someone suggest a phone that has big buttons and is feature rich as well (And excludes touch?)?

Learning android at the age of 76 could be troublesome, he may end up throwing the phone due to battery issues etc.,

He seems keen to buy an Iphone 4

I suggested Nexus when my immediate boss asked for a phone at approx 25k~, I didn't knew that the older boss is buying, I withdrew the suggestion immediately, Nexus would be useless as he won't be doing any custom ROM or tweaking it lol, he still hasn't JB'en his Ipad :p. My immediate boss made my job easier by wiping off Lumia/Windows phones from the 'shortlist' :D. Can't someone suggest a phone that has big buttons and is feature rich as well (And excludes touch?)?

Learning android at the age of 76 could be troublesome, he may end up throwing the phone due to battery issues etc.,

He seems keen to buy an Iphone 4
I think then better suggest him iPhone 4S or 4 according to his budget. @Sanav3 I agree with you

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kidding :bleh: and some good news for you its not 5-10k phone its just 2.5k :yahoo:
btw No Smartphone at 25k exist with large buttons and that too at 25k
Request your boss to get some decent Nokia E Series phones :)

I was kidding :bleh: and some good news for you its not 5-10k phone its just 2.5k :yahoo:
btw No Smartphone at 25k exist with large buttons and that too at 25k
Request your boss to get some decent Nokia E Series phones :)

My Boss is the Senior President of an Indian Nav Ratna Company (Not really nav ratna but close enough) man, do you expect him to carry that s*it?

He booked a Iphone 4S 16GB today, my immediate boss told me. I can bet that it'll come to my hands in a few days when my immediate boss will say
"Please do this function for him", my immediate boss also uses an Iphone 4 :p, or maybe I won't get it as my immediate boss may solve the issue :p. Either ways am not an Apple fan.

Back