CPU/Mobo Suggest a AM3/AM2+ Motherboard

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an AMD chipset based on 790GX/785G plateform. Since I already have overclockable DDR2 1066Mhz modules, so only AM3/AM2+ motherboard will do the job.

I need a board that should be capable to drive DDR2 @ 1333+ Mhz. My bet was on Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H, but its not available as per the dealers on forum.

So plz give your valuable suggestion w.r.t to my requirements, under 7K .:cool2:

I have to buy a cpu too, it wud be the Phenom II X4 965BE or the upcoming Phenom II X2 555BE, or X4 975BE. By AM3/AM2+ I mean AM+ mobo which supports AM3 cpu.

rahulgoel said:
I have to buy a cpu too, it wud be the Phenom II X4 965BE or the upcoming Phenom II X2 555BE, or X4 975BE. By AM3/AM2+ I mean AM+ mobo which supports AM3 cpu.

You want it with or without IGP Solution?
If you are looking for an IGP solution then best bet will be ATI 785G Chipset with sideport. However the only drawback in going for an AM2+ Socket based MOBO is that you will not find the MOBOs offering DDR3 memory compatibility. For this you will have to go for Socket AM3 based MOBOs.
And if you wish to stick to DDR2 standards then go in for ASUS M4A785D-M PRO or Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H on the lower end of the 785G offering.

Personally i would prefer a DDR3 compatible configuration.

But then before moving ahead on this, it would be better if we know your choice in term of IGP or non-IGP MOBOs.

Peace

Back