Android Suggest a decent tablet for online class of kid

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Was looking for a used one but there are none available in WTB forum last year.

So now gonna buy a new one for my son for his online class.

Should be 3 to 4gb ram with 10 inches screen, good bright screen fhd

Budget around 10 to 13k may be

Take a look at the Lenovo M10 FHD. Comes in at 13.5K INR.

Should be ideal for your child's needs.

Take a look at the Lenovo M10 FHD. Comes in at 13.5K INR.

Should be ideal for your child's needs.
Yes even i have zeroed on it, its there in my cart..
This will be my ultimate go to option unless someone suggests something else
Thanks mate

More ideas please guys.

Samsung Galaxy A7 I had got for my 6 year old for same reason. I have I think done a short review too in the reviews section.

Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 - Short Feedback

Also check this thread..

Tablet for reading (comics) and watching movies (You Tube/Amazon Prime/ Netflix)

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy A7 I had got for my 6 year old for same reason. I have I think done a short review too in the reviews section.

Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 - Short Feedback

Also check this thread..

Tablet for reading (comics) and watching movies (You Tube/Amazon Prime/ Netflix)

I might get the 2019 2gb ram version of fire hd, is that decent enough for sons use????
I guess it ll boil down to a nearly ew fire hd 10 2019 and lenovo M10 FHD rel

I might get the 2019 2gb ram version of fire hd, is that decent enough for sons use????
I guess it ll boil down to a nearly ew fire hd 10 2019 and lenovo M10 FHD rel

Any specific reason for not choosing the Samsung A7? Also if you want Fire hd 10 wait for US prime day sale but I doubt it's speakers would be as good as on samsung. Also they are I think downward firing (at least on my old version Fire HD 10).

Lenovo I cannot comment as I have never used their tabs but I personally may not prefer them. Also please do check if they have L1 DRM as sometimes if they don't have, Netflix, hotstar, prime and other legal streaming apps won't pay stuff In Full HD.

Can you manage with an older basic ipad? I left one for my kid back home with a bulky UAG case. He has learnt to operate it very quickly and can use FaceTime etc. very easily.
But don't know about online classes..he's only 5 and doesn't go to school yet.

Can you manage with an older basic ipad? I left one for my kid back home with a bulky UAG case. He has learnt to operate it very quickly and can use FaceTime etc. very easily.
But don't know about online classes..he's only 5 and doesn't go to school yet.
Yes i can do away With anything that's decent enough for his usage.
But nothing very old may be so etching that 2 years or so old.

Budget is not at all more than 14k for a new one and i am very firm on that as he has a nag of ruining all the gadgets in a split second

Lenovo's service record is rather spotty. My mom had a 2012 nexus 7 which she used for several years before it died. I bought a lenovo tab 7 essential which died in a few months, and even after service the touch was spotty. bought another lenovo tab V7 only to find out its more a phablet and less a tab, and even that has an atrociously bad mic and speaker, but after our service experience, we dont want to even try asking them to fix it. Anyway now she has a Kindle HD and a JBL Link view and (again a Lenovo Smart display (mostly because it was cheap enough on 2gud and we wanted another one for video conferencing with the Link view)

Can the fire hd 10 2019 version with fhd screen and 2gb work for the online classes of the kids??

@raksrules the a7 is around 17k to 18k and i am not willing to go to that price bracket tbh.

I managed to get this one last year for around 12k. But looks like Samsung has discontinued it in favour of A7.
Despite of 2gb ram, the tablet is very smooth and totally fits your requirement and budget.
I would suggest this if you can get it locally or online
Actually wife has the tab a wifi version.
Yes its pretty good
But she isn't ready to share it purely coz my son might break it or something.
Hence looking for something with a 10 inch fhd screen and good enough for online classes
As he has his psp and ps vita for games hence this will never be used for gaming.

A friend has the fire hd 10 that he got via Rahul from USA in January and willing to part with it.. Whats you guys s opinion.
He says its lough and 10 incher

its tough but from handling it, it doesnt seem very abuse friendly - its heavy and while well built, i'm a bit worried its weight will be its undoing if it had to survive a drop
How old is your son? I wouldnt trust my 5 year old with it, though he does ok with my phones.
Plus you will need to do some tweaking to get the google play store up and running.

its tough but from handling it, it doesnt seem very abuse friendly - its heavy and while well built, i'm a bit worried its weight will be its undoing if it had to survive a drop
How old is your son? I wouldnt trust my 5 year old with it, though he does ok with my phones.
Plus you will need to do some tweaking to get the google play store up and running.
Well son is gonna be 9 and expects his own stuff that's also a reason to get him his personal one.
I am postive he can take care of the stuff despite our apprehensions and our own love for our tablets ( i use an ipad and she uses a tab a)

How is the fire hd 10 2019 for him

Btw, just realised mine is a 2017 hd10. I haven't tried it for web conferencing specifically, but it handles heavy browsing and hd video just fine without any lag. Much better than the sub 10k tabs you get in India. Screen is great for movies and ebooks ( I'm using it mostly to read mine illustrated bedtime stories from Kindle unlimited) . Should be fine if you're son is not accident/tantrum prone. Of course it guess without saying you need a good case

+1 for Samsung A7. We had bought it for use for my grandma and she is spending time watching bhajans and Youtube videos. She keeps the volume between 70-80 and its still loud for others. She makes video call on whatsapp and skype and the picture quality is too good. The internet is ACT and hence no problem.

I was thinking of gifting this one for my nephew, but then his B'Day has passed in lockdown. Waiting for the lockdown to get over to gift him.

People looking for YouTube watching only for elders/kids- check out the Lenovo smart display. It's there for only 5.5k refurbished on 2gud.

Back