Monitors Suggest a good 20" LCD Monitor

dcosmopolitan

Disciple
I am planning to buy a new LCD Monitor....preferably 20".....I have selected these two Samsung models 2033SWX+ and 2043SWX+ [both 50000:1]

which model is better and which is latest.....pls help me decide....any other suggestions for 20" are welcome....Thanks...

Any other suggestions? the reason i m opting for 2043 is the looks...personally 2033 looks are not that good for me....if there is not much difference in th performance...i can go for 2043....or any other models? pls suggest!!

dcosmopolitan said:
Any other suggestions? the reason i m opting for 2043 is the looks...personally 2033 looks are not that good for me....if there is not much difference in th performance...i can go for 2043....or any other models? pls suggest!!

2043 and 2033 looks are nearly the same though the look thingy varies from person to person. I like 2033 more. In real time, u won't notice any difference between the two.

U can also check out the new Dell 20" though, the Samsung would beat it in value for money. :p

Its great for gaming... but it doesnt have a gr8 finish as 2033 has looks wise.

2033 looks much much better than e1909.

I wud suggest u go for Samsung 2033 - good performance and gr8 sleek looks as compared to 2043 n only around 7k.

again i say,
if its primarily for gaming
Go for Dell E1909W, awesome for gaming, proper 16:10 supported by all games
If its for movies, then 2033, skewed resolution for gaming

In case you decide on the 2033,dont worry about the 1600x900 resolution.Games look perfectly normal at this resolution. At first I was a bit skeptical too before I bought this monitor but now it turns out that my worries were unfounded. The only two gripes that I have with this monitor is that the dark areas are too dark. I play Counter Strike with NVGs now.:rofl: Plus DVD-rips of movies look a bit......crap. 720p movies look heavenly.:hap2:

Hope you have a decent graphic card to go with this monitor.(In case you game a lot)

nightwing892001 said:
In case you decide on the 2033,dont worry about the 1600x900 resolution.Games look perfectly normal at this resolution. At first I was a bit skeptical too before I bought this monitor but now it turns out that my worries were unfounded. The only two gripes that I have with this monitor is that the dark areas are too dark. I play Counter Strike with NVGs now.:rofl: Plus DVD-rips of movies look a bit......crap. 720p movies look heavenly.:hap2:
Hope you have a decent graphic card to go with this monitor.(In case you game a lot)

Completely agree, i own the same monitor..The 700 MB rips look crap, but the 2CD ones look OK IMO. HD Rips look kick-a**, as well as there are no problems with games too.. I suggest u to go for it :hap2:

i have purchased DELL E1909W for 6.9k....Gaming looks good....i have Nvidia 9500GT...i like its looks more than 2033 thats why chose this....looks doesnt matter....it depends person to person....but how it comapres in performance to 2033...i have noticed somewhat dull colors compared to 2033...gaming and movies are okay....but the problem is with White.....white looks very dull...any settings recommended for movies, gaming and desktop work.?

Back