Suggest a good digicam in 10-15k range

My old kodak digicam has gone kaput...so looking for a new one...So pls suggest some good ones that i can choose from..:)

I found these offers to be good....are they worth it?
Kodak Z710

Panasonic FZ-7

Fuji Finepix s5700

Fuji S5800

http://www.indiaplaza.in/electronic...n-powershot-sx100-is-8mp-10x-optical-zoom.htm

Also, is it advisable to buy from indiaplaza.in..cos their prices are the lowest tht i've come across anywhr, including shops...

Or if i'm missing any good shops, wud u pls recommend me some in mumbai whr i can get one of these at the best price possible? thanks..:)

Private Ryan said:
approx street price? :p Also, do u think it is okay to buy from indiaplaza or shud i go hunting at local shops? :)

i have no idea but should not exceed 15k i guess :ashamed:

u only get vendor warranty from indiaplaza for cameras..honestly ur better off getting it from ur local grey market..atleast ull have someone to go and shout at if it goes kaput...if u buy via indiaplaza ull have to pay for shipping bothways for warranty...ask the rate in ur local grey market im sure it must be lesser than that price since what they are selling is also a grey market piece only...

Dude... Go any buy a Canon Poweshot A570 IS,
Rs.13995 with 2 yrs warranty from Canon. Good cam with manual controls and image stablization.

coolmint said:
Dude... Go any buy a Canon Poweshot A570 IS,
Rs.13995 with 2 yrs warranty from Canon. Good cam with manual controls and image stablization.

I can get the same thing for 8k at indiaplaza or grey market and i dont really care much about the warranty..cos tht 6k difference is too much to bother for warranty..:p So wanna know good places in mumbai, where i can get the same thing in grey..Alfa, Heera Panna..anywhr else?

also, i think, it wud be preferable to go for the A720IS than the A570, rite guys? ;)

Btw, any other options from Nikon, Sony or Olympus which are comparable to the A720IS?

Guys, i had made up my mind to get the A720IS..but i came across this review at DCRP reviews..DCRP Review: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

It says the camera give a lot of noise in low light even at low ISOs like 100 and 200..:( Do u think, it is advisable to get this one then? :(

Pls suggest some other options as well, so tht i can make a decision...

^Yeah, i know a couple of shops thr like Mafsee..but are they reliable? :S I mean, is the stuff sold, genuine? :S Wudnt Alfa be a better choice?

Also, Greenhorn, wots with the IS thingy? I have no idea wot tht means..:ashamed:

IS = Optical Image Stabilization

Used to increase the stability of an image.

Canon calls it Image Stabilization, Nikon calls it Vibration Reduction,
Sony calls it Anti-Shake.

Hey Techhead, Is tht the price from Mafsee? :S I guess, then i shud be able to accomodate S5 IS in 15-16k rite?

Btw, today, had gone to Alfa to check out the digis...but i really was pissed off by the way they handle the customers...Its as if they are doing some kinda favor by selling us the stuff... :| I asked him for the A720is, he made me wait for 10 minutes, then said, its not thr..when i asked him when it'll be available again, he sternly said tht he doesnt know and he is not in a position to tell when it'll be available again..such an a$$hole..:mad: He was simply in no mood to show anything..:no: And he was doing tht to everyone who were asking him about specific models..:no:

I was seriously pissed off by his attitude...we are paying money for the stuff, damn it..:mad:

Alfa is seriously my last option now..:| Shud i try Heera Panna too? Any chance of getting the stuff there at prices similar to alfa?

Back