Camera Suggest a good photo editing software for a noob

arrow004

Disciple
Adobe photoshop is way too complicated. Anything simpler than that? Something that offers batch editin and auto corrections like auto white balnce, auto adjusting exposure settings ??
Mostly will be using it to sharpen images, correct the exposure and other minor touches to the photos. these are mostly images taken using cellphones and P& S cameras.

If you want a software like PS, with lesser features, go for Photoshop Elements.

In free stuff, most of your requirements should be satisfied with Windows Live Photo Gallery.

paint.NET if you want basic things done.(a little more maybe)

picasa if you want very basic editing but no hassles at all, it is very very simple to use.

LR if you want a pro interface and loads of tinkering options.(But it has a little learning curve)

PS Elements if you want a tone down version of PS.

And finally PS aka GOD of photo editing.. :)

You can think of your computer as 'akash' of 'Dil chahta hai' and PS as 'shalini' and then think of the dialogue which akash says to shalini; 'mujhe yakeen hai ki mein sirf isliye janma hun ki tumse pyar kar sakun tum sirf isliye ki ik din meri ban jao" :eek:hyeah::cool2:

Picasa is a really neat management and editing software and I have always enjoyed using it. I would suggest looking at paint.net too. To make the most of it you will have to read some guides and tutorials which will show you how to do some pretty awesome things with it.

After playing ard with various s/w i think i'll settle for lightroom.Lots of options and relatively easy to use.Not trying to learn all the functions/features at one go_Only learning the features i need to use right now.youtube is a great help here.

Adobe Photoshop is the standard out there, they normally do a great job of making the software simpler without losing too much functionality when they create a light version like Photoshop Elements. It will also stand you in good stead if you eventually move up into the full Photoshop suite.

Back