Graphic Cards Suggest a Graphics Card, 15k

pranut

Adept
Hi guys,

I have finally decided to upgrade from my near perfect HD 4850 to something even better. My budget is Rs.15k, I have a single display and need the card for Full HD gaming and movies.

I have almost zeroed in on the 7850 2GB, any suggestions ? Which manufacturer to go for ?

Regards

Thanks for the suggestion, the Gigabyte one is available with SMC for 15.8k

Should I buy it, Gigabyte is unheard in graphics market :unsure:

if you are in delhi, get te sapphire 7850 from computer emppire for 15500....sapphire is the best for ASS..check out my thread. I opened it a few days ago

Go for the GIGABYTE AMD HD 7850 2GB ~15500/- [inclusive shipping] from SMC International's deal thread.

Actually GIGABYTE are into all components of computers [that includes inane stuff like PCI USB 3.0 controllers], just that they had not released their cards in the Indian market earlier. They had a factory over-clocked brand name for nVidia called the Super-OverClocked Edition.

If possible try to get Sapphire HD 7850 2GB model pricing as well. They are board partners for AMD and should have them at compelling prices and in a variety of flavours.

if you are in delhi, get te sapphire 7850 from computer emppire for 15500....sapphire is the best for ASS..check out my thread. I opened it a few days ago

How is the performance Sire?

Thanks I will check with Computer Empire if they have it.

Go for the GIGABYTE AMD HD 7850 2GB ~15500/- [inclusive shipping] from SMC International's deal thread.

Actually GIGABYTE are into all components of computers [that includes inane stuff like PCI USB 3.0 controllers], just that they had not released their cards in the Indian market earlier. They had a factory over-clocked brand name for nVidia called the Super-OverClocked Edition.

If possible try to get Sapphire HD 7850 2GB model pricing as well. They are board partners for AMD and should have them at compelling prices and in a variety of flavours.

How is the performance Sire?

The gigabyte model is for Rs.15800

Also I have checked both the specs, Gigabyte has higher OCed clock at 975Mhz, also its service is being done by SMC only.

I am confused which one to buy ?

Also is it logical to wait for some more time ?

The gigabyte model is for Rs.15800

Also I have checked both the specs, Gigabyte has higher OCed clock at 975Mhz, also its service is being done by SMC only.

I am confused which one to buy?

Also is it logical to wait for some more time?

I had linked a deal thread, doing so again; please go here and check the prices they are offering TE members.

Well thanks to a slightly improved based core-clock out of the box, you get a small discernible boost in games; then if you want to further over-clock it is upto you. But the cooling fans [thanks to the wide diameter] are sure to be a lot quieter than the stock Sapphire / AMD reference design.

Also GIGABYTE after sales is looked after by DIGICARE, SMC International is just a retailer. For Sapphire the same is taken care of by Aditya Infotech. Both service providers are strong.

Definitely waiting is a really good option if your HD 4850 is not dying; around late June --> Early August we might see the nVidia GTRX 660Ti [and non-Ti] emerge. This will spark a price war and you can go for whichever card that suits you and falls in your budget.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

I had linked a deal thread, doing so again; please go here and check the prices they are offering TE members.

Well thanks to a slightly improved based core-clock out of the box, you get a small discernible boost in games; then if you want to further over-clock it is upto you. But the cooling fans [thanks to the wide diameter] are sure to be a lot quieter than the stock Sapphire / AMD reference design.

Also GIGABYTE after sales is looked after by DIGICARE, SMC International is just a retailer. For Sapphire the same is taken care of by Aditya Infotech. Both service providers are strong.

Definitely waiting is a really good option if your HD 4850 is not dying; around late June --> Early August we might see the nVidia GTRX 660Ti [and non-Ti] emerge. This will spark a price war and you can go for whichever card that suits you and falls in your budget.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Thanks a lot, very helpful reply.

I dont think i can wait any longer, have been waiting to change from a year now :p

Ok so should I finalize Gigabyte one ? I am buying on Monday.

BTW this is the card CE is selling: Sapphire Technology Web Site

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

And ya, i dont plan to overclock as well.

The link you pointed to opens a mouse review, just check it.

Yepp thats the card that I got from CE..... Mine says 920/1250 on the box and in GPU-z, but it remains at default 860/1200 at full load... dunno why...

Ok thanks for the replies, So I am now inclined much more towards the Gigabyte version due to it being pre-overclocked at the same cost.

I have no plans to OC on my own :p

I suggest you to go with Sapphire 7850 OC (as you don't want to OC manually) rather than Gigabyte..

I too was very confused.But after reading reviews, I found that Gigabyte fans have some noise problem (Check Newegg comments section for the same)

I suggest you to go with Sapphire 7850 OC (as you don't want to OC manually) rather than Gigabyte..

I too was very confused.But after reading reviews, I found that Gigabyte fans have some noise problem (Check Newegg comments section for the same)

Ya I checked that, but the extra OC to 975Mhz makes it irresistible :p

@pranut, man, seriously, get the Sapphire 7850 2GB for 15,500. The normal overclocking (975/1250 MHz) would not even make that much of a difference over 860/1200. If you want to notice any difference, you will have to OC to at least 1025/1425 where performance of 7850 starts converging with that of a 7870. At 975/1250, you would gain maybe 2 FPS which you wont even notice.. And since you have to OC your card manually to actually see the difference, why not buy a Sapphire which is known for a great ASS and does not have the fan rattling issues and is available for 15500 at Nehru Place?

Also, see this article: Overclocking in radeon 7xxx series is as easy as moving 3 sliders. Please know that these sliders are the safe maximum overclocks approved by AMD. Of course the chips vary and therefore, maybe you wont be able to push the sliders all the way to right, but its a guarantee that you can take the card to 1025/1400 easily. My point: To see the real world difference in games, you have to OC a GPU to a certain limit, x/y, which no manufacturer provides as it will seriously affect the sales of 7870. In either case, you have to OC yourself to see the difference, so please go with one that is reliable, cheap and has a good build quality, which a Sappire is
AMD Radeon HD 7850 and 7870 review

@ALPHA17, 7850 is good. I am happy to buy it. The only caveat: It still does not run metro 2033 with ADOF on without making it a slideshow. Otherwise a solid card and a much better buy than 7870 at this point of timel. In a few months of course most people would go for a 7870 when the price falls. My answer: crossfire.... take it b17ches...lol.....

Last edited by a moderator:
pranut, man, seriously, get the Sapphire 7850 2GB for 15,500. The normal overclocking (975/1250 MHz) would not even make that much of a difference over 860/1200. If you want to notice any difference, you will have to OC to at least 1025/1425 where performance of 7850 starts converging with that of a 7870. At 975/1250, you would gain maybe 2 FPS which you wont even notice.. And since you have to OC your card manually to actually see the difference, why not buy a Sapphire which is known for a great ASS and does not have the fan rattling issues and is available for 15500 at Nehru Place?

Also, see this article: Overclocking in radeon 7xxx series is as easy as moving 3 sliders. Please know that these sliders are the safe maximum overclocks approved by AMD. Of course the chips vary and therefore, maybe you wont be able to push the sliders all the way to right, but its a guarantee that you can take the card to 1025/1400 easily. My point: To see the real world difference in games, you have to OC a GPU to a certain limit, x/y, which no manufacturer provides as it will seriously affect the sales of 7870. In either case, you have to OC yourself to see the difference, so please go with one that is reliable, cheap and has a good build quality, which a Sappire is
AMD Radeon HD 7850 and 7870 review

ALPHA17, 7850 is good. I am happy to buy it. The only caveat: It still does not run metro 2033 with ADOF on without making it a slideshow. Otherwise a solid card and a much better buy than 7870 at this point of timel. In a few months of course most people would go for a 7870 when the price falls. My answer: crossfire.... take it b17ches...lol.....

Thanks for all the suggestion buddy, went to NP today, CE was selling Saphire normal one for 16k, SMC was selling the gigabyte one for 15.2k, so ended up with Gigabyte, It has issues though :|

Back