Laptops Suggest a laptop for 200k.

pause

Disciple
Hi I need a laptop for abt approx Rs. 200k. a tad expensive I know, but that's my budget. Please advise. My work mostly includes Open office, chat, internet and music with a bit of movies thrown in. thanks.

I know many of you would be pissed off at this seemingly crank thread, but think for a while.... how many times do u find people posting requests for laptop suggestions with budget as high as 70k-80k when all they will do is work on word, listen to music and watch the occasional movie. Grow up guys...this is not the place to show off. :mad:

haha , if your budget is 200k then buy a Mac Book Pro

if it is 20k , then buy a lenovo laptop , something of the g series , forgot the exact model or the EEE PC

^^ at the 3 replies above. Guys, it's called sarcasm, and it seems all of it is lost on you 3. :)

@pause: I feel the pain. :D In the same vein, how does Q6600 for a HTPC sound?

Payne

d_payne said:
^^ at the 3 replies above. Guys, it's called sarcasm, and it seems all of it is lost on you 3. :)

@pause: I feel the pain. :D In the same vein, how does Q6600 for a HTPC sound?

Payne

goes to show how few people really read before they reply. :p

pause said:
goes to show how few people really read before they reply. :p

Tell me about it. :p

But I realise Sarcasm doesn't come across well in an internet forum.

Unless you make a post like .. "Guyz. I hv da budget 1cr. Want buy cycle. Advs!!11" and are still willing to have many poeple take you seriously.

@pause, whatsinaname: true. true. like all the posts which say "go for a 8800gt" in reply to "i want a rig, not for gaming but for general purpose" threads. :D

@ at the other two posters: *bangs head on desktop*

Payne

im lost in this thread :) let me attempt: with that kind of budget, get a dell inspiron 1720 or sony AR series with a bluray reader - dvd writer combo drive and a 17 inch WUXGA full-HD screen... yenjoi...

-1 for the toshiba qosmio g30 (doesnt it come with hd-dvd?) :p

edit: for both models with 2 ghz CPU and 4GB RAM (320 HDD on dell, and 400GB 7200 rpm HDD on Sony) the price is about 135k and around $3500 (rs 140k + import duties?) - looking at the websites... :eek:hyeah: so i would configure the dell 1720 to your liking and get that - no brainer

from carefully purchased F733 AU -- to 200k lappy- mon did U strike the Irish sweepstakes !!!
If I had dat kinda budget- i d fly to NY on a 75k -4 Days-3 Night package and pick up a lappy for about balance amount- thus for 200k- Lappy plus pleasure.;)

Back