Monitors Suggest a LCD Monitor

veagles

Disciple
I have absolutely no clue about LCD Monitors. I have decided to dump my old CRT and get a LCD. My budget is around 14K.
19" or 20" would be sufficient. I would mostly use it for a lot of browsing, coding, movies and games(rarely).

Which one do you suggest?

For 14k u can get a dell 22" Dell 22" US2208WFP or a LG 22 "

Dell SP2208WFP 22" is the best in this class now but at 16.5k out of ur budget....

22" would be too big.. I checked the dell website. I liked the ultrasharp series. Its a little expensive. Is it worth it? Any ultrasharp owners here?

I want the best quality within 14K.

veagles said:
22" would be too big.. I checked the dell website. I liked the ultrasharp series. Its a little expensive. Is it worth it? Any ultrasharp owners here?

Well,the Ultrasharp offers a lot of adjusment(tilt/swivel etc.) features,few usb ports and a few other options..else there's not much difference b/w the normal models and those from the ultrasharp line..

And I'd recommend the following model:
Dell UltraSharp 2009W 20" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Thanks, the price of that model seems to be missing..

Any idea how much it would cost?

I am thinking of going for LG/Samsung because of one month waiting time in dell. Any good models in those?

veagles said:
Thanks, the price of that model seems to be missing..

Any idea how much it would cost?

I am thinking of going for LG/Samsung because of one month waiting time in dell. Any good models in those?

1 month waiting time????
it only takes bout 5-6 days !!!
and you'll have to call up/email DELL to find out the exact price..

I need DVI input too. I have narrowed down to the following options.. Please suggest the best two out of this.

DELL

Dell UltraSharpâ„¢ 2009W 20" (Price missing on dell site)

Dell E228WFP 22" 14.4K

I am not interested in Dell SP2008WFP 20" (13K) and Dell SP2208WFP 22" (16K) as they have integrated webcams and usb ports.

SAMSUNG

Samsung T220 (I think price is around 15K)

LG

L226WTQ 22" (14.7K)

I am not considering viewsonic as I have heard lot of complaints about them.

Please help me out..

veagles said:

One thing you should research is the panel type. Some of the cheapies have horrible contrast and viewing angles. Here's an article explaining the different types.

tvarad said:
One thing you should research is the panel type. Some of the cheapies have horrible contrast and viewing angles. Here's an article explaining the different types.

I am going ahead with TN panels. Others are you of my range..

^^I meant out of my range.

pcgamer said:
why not Viewsonics, they have some good models too...i am having VX1940W and it ROCKS!

Not really interested in viewsonic. I have heard that their lower models are poor in quality.

LG have some best LCD monitors compare to other existing leading brands - that's what I read - don't remember where but surly with lot of UK sites.

i have bought a samsung 2243nwx in 12900/- a week ago.. so far monitor looks pretty good in terms of picture quality... 8000:1 contrast ratio, but no dvi input.. i actually don't know how much that makes a difference.. also it has touch buttons.. not visible in in mid light..but you can use the software given in the cd to do all of your work, which you do with buttons, except turning off the monitor... i'm really impressed with the picture quality, much better then 19" dell monitor that i have in my office...

Back